This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo has cracked again

the turbo has cracked yet again,only been on a few months,not happy,are they using chocolate to make these or what
    white aero , leather,afl,infinity,tints

Originally posted by vxr c dave View Post
    the turbo has cracked yet again,only been on a few months,not happy,are they using chocolate to make these or what
    o dear dave? you been warming it up properly? you do take the revs bit high tho

Comment

there was some really cheap ones on ebay few hundard quid keep they popping up brand new aswell.
      once replaced id look at getting a turbo ristrictor ring from percy gonna help, keep saying im gonna get one but might leave it till stage 2

Comment

Whats a turbo restrictor ring?

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
          o dear dave? you been warming it up properly? you do take the revs bit high tho
          as also cooling it down... ?
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Emyr-vxr View Post
            Whats a turbo restrictor ring?
            It's an oil restrictor - brings the oil pressure going into the turbo down so stops the seals popping - won't be the cause of the turbo cracking though imo that will be down to heat

Astra

Comment

Wel mine always glowing red hot......Is it just a matter of time untill it cracks

Comment

Wel mine always glowing red hot......Is it just a matter of time untill it cracks
                They are built to glow m8 - I wouldn't worry, just allow warm up and cool down in to your driving

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                  It's an oil restrictor - brings the oil pressure going into the turbo down so stops the seals popping - won't be the cause of the turbo cracking though imo that will be down to heat
                  yeah every lil helps, dave has been doing alot of testing at tho mo reving above 6k.

turbo and manifold on mine glows red couldnt believe it when i first saw it, just gotta make sure warm and cooled down right. like at the gym lol

Comment

Originally posted by vxr c dave View Post

where abouts has it cracked? on the turbo or on the manny?

all i can say is you must be driving it very hard to get the eg temp very high as its eg temp that cracks the mannys... further most can cause major engine melt down...

whats stage are you running? what map? blue fin, eds, courts? ect
                    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                      where abouts has it cracked? on the turbo or on the manny?

all i can say is you must be driving it very hard to get the eg temp very high as its eg temp that cracks the mannys... further most can cause major engine melt down...

whats stage are you running? what map? blue fin, eds, courts? ect
                      seems hes not on il answer for him lol, he stage 2 blufin, got cdti tubing with KnN FILTER on, ram air grill scoop.

he been driving hard testing above 6k as its been playing up, ie feels like losing boost on high revs.

look at his "crossover problem" post

Comment

wouldnt worry bout it when its red its when its white i would start to worry...

major eg temp kills engines.

Comment

think hes bluefin stage2 sandy and this is the 2nd turbo to crack??? - is he hammering it or just unlucky?? i mean vaux dont make em great do they????

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                            think hes bluefin stage2 sandy and this is the 2nd turbo to crack??? - is he hammering it or just unlucky?? i mean vaux dont make em great do they????
                            Vaux don't make them at all - Borg Warner make them

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                              seems hes not on il answer for him lol, he stage 2 blufin, got cdti tubing with KnN FILTER on, ram air grill scoop.

he been driving hard testing above 6k as its been playing up, ie feels like losing boost on high revs.

look at his "crossover problem" post

maybe me but if i noticed my car was not running right i wouldnt rag it to find out whats the problem is.. id be getting it plugged into a tech2...

this is just a open guess but from what you have just put an the manny cracking id say extreme eg temp, this could be a number of factors but id say its not fueling right, because if the ecu noticed the engine is getting abit to hot it can up the fuel slightly (over fuel, make it run lean) as this will aid in cooling alittle..

Comment

Working...
                              X