X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hi all,

Looking to get some replacement discs and pads, I need pads all round and front discs (as the original pads seem to have disintegrated along one side and have worn the disc really wierdly)

So I was looking along these lines for the discs...

Front discs link

Now, the options given to me are :-

1. Grooved only
    2. Drilled and Grooved
    3. Drilled only

Now many years ago I had a set of EBC drilled and grooved brake discs (when they used to drill all the way through) on my old cavalier SRi. The discs still had lots of life left in them from the wear point of view but they had started to crack between the holes drilled in the disc meaning an MOT failure (although even if they had passed I would still have changed them).

So what option should I go for? I'm discounting 'drilled only' so it's from the other two. Has anyone else had problems with cracks appearing like this?

Ta in advance.

PS, I don't want this turning into a 'get some AP's/Alcon/Whatever' thread - this is pretty much the limit of my budget at the moment!!
    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

I'd use the standard discs and pads.
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

i got the ebc drilled/grooved when mine wore gown....never had a pick of bother.
      cheaperthan standard aswell.
      sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

If that is your budget stick to standard disc's and get some mimtex pads - this is what was recommended to me by DAP instead of buying disc's like you have posted with EBC pads - suppose you get what you pay for.

Comment

I was looking at mintex pads too on those discs.
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Working...
          X