Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do vx dealers know anything about VXRs?

i have now been in touch with my local vx dealer (the ones i bought the car from! won't name any names - for now!) three times and each time, they have no idea..

first time was for a hissing sound from the engine bay, they had a lookie, had a listen and said they got no idea.. and since i wasn't experiencing any problems, they said there was nothing wrong!

second time was me asking if they would fit a slip diff for me.. they said they couldn't?!! couldn't or wouldn't.?? surely they would know how to stick a diff in??!

third time was today, me asking if they could fit in the climate control version of the display screen..(gid - cid - what ever) initially they said they had no idea.. then i guess, after much faffing about, they said they would give it a go..! can't guarantee if it will work properly but will take £68 + VAT of my greens for the pleasure of 'giving it a go'!

hahaha.. its almost comical!!

now, i'm not having a go, the dude i spoke to was probably asking someone in the background and who ever it was probably had a mouthful of pie so wasn't entirely audible.. but still, knowing what you're doing is part of the game surely?!

anyone else experience something like this with their dealers..? just curious!

oh, by the way, went out last saturday for a 'photoshoot'.. learing the art of photography so thought i'd give it a go... this is my first time (along with a friend) so there's a long way to go yet.. but we're making some progress..

link: www.niat.co.uk/eppingforest

patience with the load time coz i wanted to keep the images relatively large to retain some details..

cheers all.
    nia
    My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
    And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

if in any doubt over the dealer you mentioned best just to find another dealer or even a good tuner who is local to you ,

good pics by the way

Comment

To be fair - fitting an LSD or even swapping out the display is not something that a dealership would expect as "standard" work - although I think you could have expected more with the hissing sound lol

Astra

Comment

My dealer has been fantastic, tbh, I suppose it varies from dealer to dealer. Spoke to a guy works in another dealer and he had NO idea what VXRs are, lol.
        Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

All depends on which one you go to. The one I go to is great, the head mechanic there is a mate of my uncle and was talking to me about which tuner to use and what stage to go for as he owns an Astra VXR himself running stage 3. Actually going there tomorrow to have the faulty coil pack replaced so might try and get a ride in his while he works on mine
          '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

My dealer..

"Hello I'd like to book a service for my Astra VXR"

"What model is it"

"Astra VXR"

"3 or 5 door"

"3 door.."

"What engine is it?"

"2.0 Turbo"

"Umm first or main service"

"First..."

"£350"

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
              My dealer..

"Hello I'd like to book a service for my Astra VXR"

"What model is it"

"Astra VXR"

"3 or 5 door"

"3 door.."

"What engine is it?"

"2.0 Turbo"

"Umm first or main service"