This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights

Can someone explain to me what the hid kits and xenon etc are? I bought a xenon kit for my older car which cost me about £250 fitted but had no high beem which the garage never told me about. I liked them though, i think they were 800k and i've seen a few VXR's with the blue tint lights in the flesh and looks lovely. Will just changing the bulbs give a nice look or will i need to buy some kit?

You can buy better bulbs but they wont compare to AFL / Xeanon lights that some VXR's have.

You can buy a HID kit like what you had with your last car but i wouldnt personally as they are abit blinding to other drivers without a projector headlight which looks like the gold fish bowl in the lights like this:

You can buy Hella Dynabeam lights which look like the above lights and stick a HID kit in them, PM Ravinbeef as he is selling these units. Genrally they dont come with a Xeanon high beam as well but you could buy a HID high beam kit and put that in but you need too find somewhere to anchor the ballast pack to in the engine bay and its ppretty tight as it is so most people dont bother.

Comment

So no way to make lights look nicer for under £150 - £200 lol?

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
        So no way to make lights look nicer for under £150 - £200 lol?
        You can go the HID route but personally i wouldnt, but many have. Other than that up-rated bulbs are the only option.

Comment

Changing the bulbs look tacky? Anyone done this?

Comment

Changing the bulbs look tacky? Anyone done this?
            I got some up-rated Halogen bulbs before i had the AFL's fitted, looked fine, just not a patch on xeanon lights

Comment

Did they look a lot better than standard though or was it pretty much no difference? Plus did you get the blue tint bulbs? And is it easy to fit bulbs to the astra?

Comment

Did they look a lot better than standard though or was it pretty much no difference? Plus did you get the blue tint bulbs? And is it easy to fit bulbs to the astra?
                I got some of the Halfords Brilliance bulbs or whatever they are called. They made abit of difference but not a tremendous amount and did look abit better, more whiter than mornal but again not brilliant.

Fairly easy to change the bulbs but yoou have to go in through the wheel arch. Turn the wheel onto full lock one way. Unclip the panel in the wheel arch, stick your hand in and pull the rubber cover off the back of the lights, then take the old bulb out and put the new one in. Its abit fiddley i wont lie to you, took me about an hour the first time i changed them.

Comment

Ok thanks, would you say the blue tint bulbs are useless?

Comment

Have a pair of Philips Blue vision and a pair of Philips Xtreme power for sell, both brand new, never used, pm if interested.
                    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Which bulbs are everyone using? Are the sportz blue bulbs any good?

Comment

Will these do?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H7-XENON-BLUE-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

I am sure Jay will correct me if I am wrong , but any bulbs that glow blue when on are illegal. Also if they give off a blue light thats actually less useable light than standard bulbs as it has gone past the spectrum of useable light
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by soosie
                          Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                          Originally posted by soosie
                          Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                            I am sure Jay will correct me if I am wrong , but any bulbs that glow blue when on are illegal. Also if they give off a blue light thats actually less useable light than standard bulbs as it has gone past the spectrum of useable light
                            correct gotta be white.

mate you can have conversion, who did them forgot? ask them search the forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X