This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs worrying

ok had densos in the car from new and am approaching 10k im worrying a bit as some say irdiums are prone to breaking even tho they are meant to be better, am i really in need of refreshing them like people do with ngk's or do they last long enough
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

i binned my Denso's after reading all that, just went back to oe ones, felt the same tbh
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I'd just put OE ones back in Daz, ..my car never missed a beat for months at Stage 2 with the standard plugs, ..I fitted NGK's and only a week later my car went into limp mode. Might have just been a coincidence, ..but I'd put money on it being the iridium plugs to blame. Standard plugs all the way! x
      sigpic
      Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

i thought you were meant to uprate the plugs thats all im confused

Comment

Quite a few tuned cars are running standard plugs. We're yet to hear of a standard plug failing on a tuned car as far as I know?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I'll be fitting my new Denso IQ24's 2moro when I do my oil change.... never had any problem with them. what does your tuner advise?

Comment

smokin, do you mean the densos from regals site ye? ive had no problems either just wondered how often to change, dunno if chris told you before? oh and you have pm mate

Comment

Put the standard one's in - they are NGK apparently

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                  Put the standard one's in - they are NGK apparently
                  correct
                  my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

putting my cynical hat on for a second one might say that the uprated plugs are a bit of a cash cow for tuners.. as said above there are a few cars running standard plugs with no problems. Certainly the "uprated" plugs are available elsewhere for less than the tuners sell them for...

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
                      putting my cynical hat on for a second one might say that the uprated plugs are a bit of a cash cow for tuners.. as said above there are a few cars running standard plugs with no problems. Certainly the "uprated" plugs are available elsewhere for less than the tuners sell them for...
                      yup like :

www.sparkplugs.co.uk
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by soosie
                      Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                      Originally posted by soosie
                      Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                      X