This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR Alignment Settings

After purchasing all the Whiteline gear that allows the alignment to be fiddled (caster +0.5deg, rear toe/camber, front camber kit), I can't for the life of me find any recommended settings to get dialed in! The UK tuners must know how to set up a VXR for fast road, but do any drivers on here ?

Looking for something liveable (both in tyre life and stability) yet a bit better on the track then factory settings. Anyone have any suggestions? This thread would be useful for other googlers, so post any settings you've tried here!

Specifically post your front camber / toe, rear camber / toe, and whether or not you've got the Caster kit installed (Courtenay sells it, and probably Thorney too).

Any recommendations appreciated!

ive just had mine set up, was told on the front -.50 deg on the front camber as i do alot of motorway miles. an i left the rear as i cant adjust the rear...

i know mandy / emomm has neg camber on there car.. because when you drive behind them you can see it.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Think if it's a road car about -1 of camber. I have -1.25 camber on mine all round. The rear shims and castor adjusting polybushes will have there own settings. Was told increasing castor add's more camber under cornering.

Can't help you on the Toe settings. But doubt you'll want alot for road use.
      I see dumb people.......
      .....they're everywhere
      .....they walk around like everyone else
      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Add the whole .5 degrees of castor it will help massivly. For a road car 1 degree neg camber will give a bit of a gain and not overlywear the inner edges.

Set the rear toe to 1mm toe in, and front to parallel.

You can add some more camber and toe in on rear to 2mm in, also toe the fronts out 1mm but the tyres will wear unevenly.
        sigpic

Comment

Factory settings are,

FRONT

camber - .3 deg neg
          caster - 4.0 deg neg
          toe - parallel

REAR

toe - .5mm in
          camber - 1.25 neg

Edit: Tolerances of +/- half degree are accepted on camber, 1 degree on castor .5mm on toe.
          Last edited by Luke.H; 13 October 2009, 10:55 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.H View Post
            Factory settings are,

FRONT

camber - .3 deg neg
            caster - 4.0 deg neg
            toe - parallel

REAR

toe - .5mm in
            camber - 1.25 neg
            Top info mate i think thats the most helpfulist - (if thats a word)

Ive ever read!

Comment

Thanks, a lot of help. Especially the stock VXR settings, know what I have to play with now .

Big thanks for the toe settings, been hard to find any recommendations for our cars there

Comment

Alex,
                WA Suspensions should be able to help.

Comment

Working...
                X