This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joys of Motoring

After my boat load of good luck (not) that I've had lately with my car (see my previous threads) today brought a new issue!! Got in my car this afternoon, pulled my door shut and it bounced back open... Thought I'd maybe trapped my seatbelt for some odd reason so double checked nowt was stopping it from closing, tried it again... door wouldn't shut After me messing on with it for 5mins and checking passenger door I then decided it was shafted and I couldn't move my car.

Had it recovered to my local dealership, got it off the back of the recovery vehicle, got out the car, pushed the door shut.. and what happens?! It clicked shut like it should've!!!! Couldn't believe it... but then I had to move it round the back of the garage n when I got out of it that time, the door was broke again lol

I left it with them at 2pm, by 3pm I had a call to say they'd looked at it and they'd ordered the new part and I should have my car back by tomorrow. So pretty happy with that service (Apart from not having a courtesy car, but in fairness, it wasn't like I'd booked in).

So fingers crossed I get it back tomorrow with a new... working... locking mechanism!!
    Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

don`t have much luck do you . wheres about are you so i know which area to avoid

Comment

Ya tellin me!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by D4 VXR View Post
        don`t have much luck do you . wheres about are you so i know which area to avoid
        /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Trist recently had a similar problem with his door, ..it would open suddenly when he was driving, ..not cool at all! Hope things start to look up for you soon, so you can enjoy your vixer again, Bud.
        sigpic
        Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Yea I remember reading his thread a little while back... Pleased mine done it when I wasn't moving... not sure how I'd approach someone to ask for my door back if it decided to have a nosey round in a car next to me on a roundabout lol

Comment

Not being funny but just hope this is another random issue on a random vehicle. Otherwise, VX should look into it as this is DANGEROUS!
            Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Well, I got a call from the dealship today to say that there was a back order of the lock that needs replacing on my car and they had no idea how long it would take for that part to turn up So I'm now sat there thinking how am I going to get around for work (I'm a field based engineer!) without a car... no sooner had that thought passed through my head, I was told they were organising a hire car for me from a private hire car company and having it delivered to my door for me.

So in less than 24 hours of dropping my car off, it was diagnosed and I was called within 1 hour to be told they had no part in stock and needed to order one. 11am this morning I was told there was a back order however a car was being delivered to me at 1pm.

Astounded at the service from the dealer is all I can say lol Makes such a nice change to not get grief from the dealers when you go in with genuine problems!!

So I'm mincing about in a 1.6 SXi Sporthatch at the minute lol bit slower than the VXR but a set of wheels to get me about!

Comment

Back order and no recall?? I smell a rat!!!!!!!!!! glad your getting it sorted mae
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

When I ordered the lower bumper for mine it took nearly a week to arrive... same reason... back order lol Mebbies they just like that saying?!

Comment

Been told the part won't be at the factory until the 27th October... so gonna be the end of the month before I get mine back

Comment

Originally posted by Smil3r View Post
                      Been told the part won't be at the factory until the 27th October... so gonna be the end of the month before I get mine back
                      you don`t have much luck do ya . nowt worse than can off road whilst waiting for parts

Comment

Doin my head in lol I'm bombin about in a little 1.6 SXi at the minute... keep mis judging when pulling out of junctions and roundabouts and stuff lol it runs out of puff too quick!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                          /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Trist recently had a similar problem with his door, ..it would open suddenly when he was driving, ..not cool at all! Hope things start to look up for you soon, so you can enjoy your vixer again, Bud.
                          scary stuff.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

last car i got was an agila and the 1st roundabout i came to i had the same problem , seen a gap , put foot down and nearly caused an accident ,
                            once you get your car back you feel the difference even more ,

Comment

I hope you're following the usual courtesy car rules - Flog it to death! lol. I know what you mean, when I had my Type R I got a 1.2 corsa I think it was, was terrible!

Hope u get your's back soon and fixed first time!!
                              Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life ; )

Mods - Milltek Exhaust System - Private VXR Plate + 'Black Ice' Magic Tree Air freshner!

Comment

Working...
                              X