This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i check for IDS+

As above really. I think (although it may be an illusion) that when the sport mode is on my cars suspension tightens up!

How do i know if the cars fitted with this IDS doodah?

when the drivers door is open or ignition is on there is a ids light on the bottom of the clocks. Or if u open the bonnet there are wires in the strut tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Antbunt View Post
      when the drivers door is open or ignition is on there is a ids light on the bottom of the clocks. Or if u open the bonnet there are wires in the strut tops.
      yep!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Or look for wires coming out of the top of the suspension struts iin the engine bay

Comment

Cheers for that guys. Mine has none of that so just my imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Or look for wires coming out of the top of the suspension struts iin the engine bay
            Got a photo from this? I have IDS+, but the wires i see, are connected behind the wheel on the suspension, and not in the engine bay...

grtz Roger

Comment

No wires to strut tops for IDS+. They go in to the side of the shock.

Comment

when the sport mode is on my cars suspension tightens up!
                aint this supposed to happen with sport mode on???

Comment

Only if you have IDS+ (electronically controlled dampers).

Comment

Originally posted by mania View Post
                    No wires to strut tops for IDS+. They go in to the side of the shock.
                    it does have wires at the top of the strut it has a connection box with 3 to 4 wires in it
                    sigpic
                    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

maybe i mis understand you, but you mean IN the engine bay? there aren't comming any wires from...

Comment

I reckon it's a myth that you need IDS for the suspension to stiffen under Sport Mode.

With Sport Mode "damping and steering become more direct, the engine reacts more quickly to accelerator pedal movements".

With IDS you get Continuous Damping Control (CDC) which combines with the ABS and ESP.

Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Non IDS cars only have basic shocks and springs (with no electronics) and so there is no way they can dynamically stiffen the chassis on the sport button. CDC is electronic control over the dampers which is what is used to stiffen it.

Comment

dont stiffen it my much tho but like people say evey lil helps.

Comment

Originally posted by red1 View Post
                              I reckon it's a myth that you need IDS for the suspension to stiffen under Sport Mode.

With Sport Mode "damping and steering become more direct, the engine reacts more quickly to accelerator pedal movements".

With IDS you get Continuous Damping Control (CDC) which combines with the ABS and ESP.

Can anyone confirm?
                              This is correct. For the suspension to stiffen, you need the IDS+ function with wires running to the shocks in the wheel arches. I can confirm there are no wires coming out of the top of the front shocks in the engine bay. All Aussie SRi-Ts and VXRs come standard with IDS+.

Comment

Working...
                              X