This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help.....

can anyone help, iv got an astra racing and was looking into some small mods as im still runnin it in and havent got the cash for the stage 2 just yet. If i was looking to change the airfilter / induction kit does it have to be a panel filter or could i change to a cone..... mayb pipercross viper.

Had one on my last car and there a serious bit of kit.

also is a eibach or koni lowering kit for around 110 any good or an average price.

Hope someone can help.

hi i would personally get the itg panel filter £57 i think at tms or there has been a few second hand ones on here wouldnt use a cone filter as from what i have read they suffer from heatsoak
    sigpic
    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

panel filter mate.

springs are a must mod and RARB as it transforms the car.

Comment

ebay is a godsend ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
          panel filter mate.

springs are a must mod and RARB as it transforms the car.
          i have thorney's panel filter..

also have eibach's pro kit but not the rarb.. even so, although its only 30mm lower than standard, i'd have to agree that it does transform the car a fair bit.. much much less roll in corners..

so can only imagine rarb would add to the handling massively.
          My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
          And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

Comment

thanks alot people, im guna give the pipercross panel filter a go. wouldnt mind trying the pipercross viper tho cz they really do suck in some air. I had one on a fiesta zetec s and you could hear a big intake of air when u change gear and gave it some. would love to hear it on a car with a turbo..

Comment

dont bother mate. the oe box is good enough so a panel filter will help. if your going to spend a few hundred get a percy airbox cov. 1.9cdti loosing crossover pipe. better nid range and pick up and will breath much better.

although spriongs and rarb should be the first mods. plus some dot51 fluid and brake ducts.

Comment

i have just got the rarb after hearing the rave reviews on it so just need to get it fitted and see what its like
                sigpic
                ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Working...
                X