This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour match

hmmm front bumper looks darker than rest of car in certain light, anything i can do other than the get the whole lot resprayed?

Is it just cause its spanking new and the rest of the car is getting toward 3 years old?

this is gonna bug the life out of me.

witht the light being poo its hard to tell.

the line where it meets the wing

if i have to get it resprayed at some point itll be a while off as cant get time out.

the actual spray job itself is very good, just seems a bit darker.

can i wax the rest to appear darker???

mines like it too and starting to bug me lately..i phoned my local vx about it and they reckon it's cos of them being plastic or whatever but said to pop in when i'm passing and they'll take a look. i'll let you know what they say....they got my vents perfectly matched so can't see why the bumper should be any different
    Last edited by smokinvxr; 17 October 2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

did they respray it after a bump or something?

does your head in doesnt it!

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
        did they respray it after a bump or something?

does your head in doesnt it!
        no that's how it came from vx... it shows more in photo's than real life but i'm not happy with it should be a warranty job really but they quoted £150 for a respray gonna have to take it in see if we can come to some sort of agreement. is yours like mine? i've seen a lot of ardens like it

Comment

yeh, but from the back looking down its even worse its like a shade or 2 darker, front on it looks fine its just side on. thing is they used vaux gm paint code aswell to do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
            yeh, but from the back looking down its even worse its like a shade or 2 darker, front on it looks fine its just side on. thing is they used vaux gm paint code aswell to do it!!
            strange thing is the rear one's fine just the front? best go back into vx see what they say

Comment

just rang the garage who sprayed it and they said oh it will prob be the angle your looking at......

erm, no.

Comment

met up with phatashki and ralphvxr a few months back and it was them who pointed out that with lighter cars (mine's black), at certain angles and in certain light, you can see a slight difference in colour between the metal body and the plastic bits of the bumpers...

such is the way/difference paint settles on plastic and metal i guess.?
                My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
                And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

Comment

yeah but the rest is perfect. the resprays just too dark.

Comment

you are never going to get a perfect match with a pearlescent paint. a decent wax might help but its never going to be perfect unless the full car is painted. youd even be able to see the differance if it was 'blended in'.

Comment

Its simply the difference of painting plastic and painting metal that makes it look the way it does.....so i have been told. Every arden VXR including mine that ii ahve seen suffers from this.

Comment

So is my lightening silver, bumper is a darker shade. As Nia said and jay its to do with the plastic and metal.
                        If it really is a different colour tho take it back to the garage and they can do it again. But obviously only if it a different colour completly and show bad.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be just a vx problem though. Got a friend who just took delivery of his white Nissan gtr and the bumper does seem to be a different shade when its in the light.
                          Oh My god Nissan what have you done? You haven't created a machine
                          You just made a MONSTER!!!!

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

Comment

Working...
                          X