This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid stupid question!

But my minds gone blank and i cant think!!

Coolant - what am i putting in and where do i get it?

My brains saying fill it with water but this cant be right?!?!?!?!

water and anti-freeze (pink/red i believe)
    Corsa VXR Arctic #085

Comment

corporation pop and a bit of anti freeze, dont think you need to use any expensive evian type stuff.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

i knew water!! ha ha so water and anti/freeze - can this be bought from vaux etc or where do i get it???

Comment

is it premixed anywhere or just stick water in? just need to top it up

Comment

most garage forecourts, any auto shop, tescos etc.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

cheers mate.

Comment

Is the expansion tank empty or just low, if it is only a small amount then just top up with water. if you go the VXL they do a winter check which includes the checking of the anti freeze strength etc

Comment

may have a slight leak, just need to keep an eye on it and top it up. but ill be doing some miles over the next weeks so id rather have some with me in the boot as a precaution. better safe than sorry.

Comment

so any brand will do?

Comment

5l is of anti freeze is around £13 from vx

Comment

Any brand will do.

Comment

only reason i got it from vx was i was having mot done and a winter check.

Comment

don't mix different brands of anti freeze though.... i use distilled water, anti freeze 50/50 mix and also water wetter.

Comment

Working...
                            X