This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC red stuff

Just fitted some EBC red stuff pads on the front this morning, went out for a drive and noticed there very squeeky. Is this usual for new pads while bedding in?
    I can't see anything mechanically wrong.

Dont EBC pads come with some kind of bedding in material on the pad face when they are new? That may cause the noise. Alternitively did you put some copper slip grease on the backs of the pads during fitting??
    sigpic

Comment

I have Red Stuff on now Tommy mine are nearly bedded in but only had a slight squeel just for a few days, use them very lightly and it will go as they bed in mate they are very good pads......
      ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

thanks for the posts, i'll give it a few days see if they stop.
        i didnt put any copper seal on the back.... never heard of that what does it do?

Comment

I had a full set of red stuff pads on mine front and rears took them off and gave them away, was not good at all.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
            I had a full set of red stuff pads on mine front and rears took them off and gave them away, was not good at all.
            Did exactly that on my last car. Bites worse from cold and they faded quicker than standard pads. Hell of an upgrade.
            I see dumb people.......
            .....they're everywhere
            .....they walk around like everyone else
            .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
              Did exactly that on my last car. Bites worse from cold and they faded quicker than standard pads. Hell of an upgrade.
              Have to agree would not have another set given.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
              X