This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds and cooler?

anyone have a fmic fitted and using a dreamscience map? id like to know if it made much difference (adding the cooler) and if its worth it, thing is the ds is all the same map thats intended for a standard car or one with some mods instead of going up in stages so hasnt been specifically written to include an upgraded intercooler, whereas a st3 map has and probably ups the boost some more? im really looking to get up to the 350+ftlb mark where most stage 3 cars are and wanted to know if ill still be able to achieve this with the ds or will need to fork out for a specific stage3 map,

any help appriciated guys...
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Well i have a DS tune and a Forge FMIC but I have to get back from overseas to install it! lol

I have asked and DS have stated that their maps will take advantage of an intercooler so imo you would def notice a difference. Having lower inlet temperatures can only benefit your car.

Best bet is to try it - ull notice a difference for sure. Im def not worried when installing mine and expecting a definate noticeable gain.
    sigpic
    VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

There no moree boost from ST2 to ST3 iirc, it just adjusts the fueling.
      Christ if you had any more boost on yours, aren't you running something like 24psi+ already

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo View Post
        There no moree boost from ST2 to ST3 iirc, it just adjusts the fueling.
        Christ if you had any more boost on yours, aren't you running something like 24psi+ already
        lol

but im making 300lb ft, the st3 boys make 350+ i wouldnt of thought a cooler alone would make that much diff! im torque hungry
        Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
        Stage 2 burg

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
          lol

but im making 300lb ft, the st3 boys make 350+ i wouldnt of thought a cooler alone would make that much diff! im torque hungry
          i run 318lb ft and thats stage 2 using the DS map
          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
            i run 318lb ft and thats stage 2 using the DS map
            which tune did you get that result with and what other mods you got? i got 300ft with race plus and a magnex cat back with a precat, running stock 2nd cat though, i tried a full decat but it felt like i lost torque and i didnt like the sound either
            Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
            Stage 2 burg

Comment

Mine was dyno'd at 343lb/ft at stage 2

Comment

wtf? where you finding all these extra torques?! have you run it again since fitting the cooler? thats really high for st2, you got a few extras though like top hat and airbox but i cant see that makin so much diff
                Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                Stage 2 burg

Comment

It obviously does make a difference

Not run it yet, putting a few miles on it before I run on the road again

Comment

try not to break the rr this time ay
                    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                    Stage 2 burg

Comment

try not to break the rr this time ay
                      I'll try, its just my beast, he can't help it

Comment

lol dyno destroyer, who's ya breaking on your nxt run??!
                        Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                        Stage 2 burg

Comment

lol dyno destroyer, who's ya breaking on your nxt run??!
                          Oooh, yay he changed it

I don't know, but whoever my next victim is, they better reinforce it

Comment

did you get it on video?
                            Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                            Stage 2 burg

Comment

Yep :d

Both times, with many many sparks flying out of the rollers

Comment

Working...
                              X