This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Induction Kit...

Just wondering wot induction kits people are using on there vxr's. At the mo i got the standard Air box, will a panel filter make a dfference in noise. Also, seen a video on u tube of a corsa with a induction kit and u can hear the turbo chatter and everything , just wondering does the astra's sound like tha ?

i have one on mine and it does sound good, sounds jet like at full throttle. Thinking of changing mine to a Carbon BMC filter
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

which one u got. k&n is it mate ?

Comment

Do they loose power on the vxrs even the best ones on the Clio loose you power or at best stay the same

Comment

i am running a Forge kit at the mo,think there made by Jetex
          VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I had one on my vxr and it didnt loose power it did however cause a bit of grief when i went to stage 2 so reverted back to the standard airbox and ITG filter from TMS and its alot smoother now but it did sound great with the K&N.

Comment

am runinng a dilbas flowmaster in mine and is sweet as a nut pain in the **** to fit thou
              sigpic

Comment

k&n seem a good competitve price, and i think they just easy to fit, which is wot im after i suppose .

Comment

I had a Apexi filter on mine, sounded great but changed it for Percys kit.
                  7 years of ownership and still love it!!

Comment

The 1.9 CDTi kit is the way to go, i tried ITG filter then a piper enclosed system but Percy VXR's kit felt better than both and reduced the intake temps more too.

Comment

dont go for an induction kit you will suffer from heat soak unless you get a fully enclosed one with a cold air feed. if i were you i would stick with standard setup as this has been proven to be able to cope fine, or go for the 1.9cdti setup

Comment

wot do u mean 1.9cdti setup ? buy the filter that supposed to go on the diesel version ?

Comment

Set up like this mate, using the 1.9 CDTi airbox and re-routed pipework.

7 years of ownership and still love it!!

Comment

Percy's kit is definately the way to go!!

Comment

that looks wicked fair play m8!!

Comment

Working...
                              X