This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hybrid turbos

those with can i have your views on them please inc costs if its cool with you to say.

what else is neede over and above the usual stage 3 gubbins etc

Muchos gracias

some people have an up rated fuel pump but some say its not needed..

id say fuel pump ??
    map tweeked
    fuel reg??

same again some people have a large fuel reg, an some dont..

im sure its about 1k for a new hybrid turbo, but you can get yours done for less depending on state of it... then theses fitting. few hours labour..

if i wa you id say your money up an get a garrett.....
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

just weighing things up

but yeah a garret is class. ever since percy took me to warp9 ive been sold on the idea. i mean the deliuvery is unreal, like a diff car. 1000 times better.

Comment

fuel reg only needed on some cars de[pends how car acts defo fuel pump and inlet cam tho
        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
          just weighing things up

but yeah a garret is class. ever since percy took me to warp9 ive been sold on the idea. i mean the deliuvery is unreal, like a diff car. 1000 times better.

haha... you know you want to.......

what about having both? garrett an the diff will it hit mak 20...lol
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

percy not running a diff you know!!!! couldnt believe it, and the power DOES go down!

Comment

what stage you are you running yt

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
                fuel reg only needed on some cars de[pends how car acts defo fuel pump and inlet cam tho

you mean it depends on how hard they hit the standard regulator with a hammer to up the pressure
                sigpic

Comment

Don't bother with hybrid, you can get dblias gt28 kit now for pretty much same money All you are limited by then is what the internals can take

Comment

Originally posted by Keeno View Post
                    Don't bother with hybrid, you can get dblias gt28 kit now for pretty much same money All you are limited by then is what the internals can take
                    ha ha exactly

don t get me wrong hybrids are good , i ve had an tested many ran with 1.8bar overboost and held it at 1.4 and produced 342bhp and 355lbsft torque , fun times just ask the poor 911 driver from rolling start

i also ran with the uprated dbilas exhaust manifold because of the extra heat produced the standard ones are prone to cracking but the dbilas one is a heavy duty one ( thicker casting so can with stand the heat easier ) also coupled with better flow .

but all that is around £1700 which aint far off the dbilas garrett gt28rs kit at around £2100 , which i swapped over to and is a mans size turbo
                    Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

mind you i personally feel if your fitting a garrett you got to fit a tubular manifold just my opinion

Comment

erm
                        this hybrid turbo is it a standed k04 with k06 internals ???
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah

Comment

so if i happend to have a k04 laying about with 3-4k miles on it how much do ya fink it would cost to git it done ?
                            sigpic

Comment

500 ish from some places

Comment

Working...
                              X