This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost gauge arrived

from pro sport mechanical boost, i have everything but pod as im still looking for a nice one. anyways how can i see it what it looks like when lit up without fully fitting it? can i run it off car battery or similar so it lights up? there is red orange and black wires
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

anyone?

also i guess oil temp is another good one to get fitted, but what about others like exhaust gas temp or air to fuel ratio or fuel pressure?

how much are these to get fitted cause i aint got any idea

Comment

heres the ones available
      http://www.lbperformance.com/index.p...ex&cPath=79_97

Comment

eg temps a really good one, but there noy cheap an you need to mount / weld the boss on one of the cylinders on the manni to get best an most accurate reading...

afr is another good one but same again you need to get the boss welded in the exhaust..
        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
          anyone?

also i guess oil temp is another good one to get fitted, but what about others like exhaust gas temp or air to fuel ratio or fuel pressure?

how much are these to get fitted cause i aint got any idea

get the air to fuel mate. oil temp, and boost guage
          i wouldnt fit the exhaust gas and fuel pressure.
          thats what i had on my turbo corsa
          Just Performance
          Website | Facebook | Twitter | Live Chat

sigpic

Comment

Mate wiring on the prosport 3 wire gauges are:

Red - Switch live
            Black - Earth
            Orange - illumintation

Also for 4 wire electrical gauges-
            Green - sensor

If you just wanna see what its like, put the red on battery positive and black on battery negative and be careful not to short anything out!
            I tried my new gauges on my power supply at work, if you put green wire with the earth you can see the sweep (providing its an electrical gauge )

I got boost/oil pressure/ oil temp/ af ratio

Comment

Fit a gauge if you want to worry about what the reading is and you understand it otherwise don't bother! lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

keeno have you decided where your mounting all these gauges?

Comment

i can see oil temp and boost being useful but not sure bout the rest to be honest

Comment

keeno have you decided where your mounting all these gauges?
                    Yeah oil temp, af and oil pressure going into my 3 gauge conversion that i'm trying to sort out at the moment and boost is going on steering column cover. I'm a bit unsure of putting them on the pillar, although airbags are in roof when they deploy the pillar cover comes off or away i believe. May well be fine to put them on there tbh but until i get stuck for ideas i'm going to put gauges where i have said

Comment

i can see oil temp and boost being useful but not sure bout the rest to be honest
                      Well a/f ratio tells you if your running rich or lean, which if you are can be very dangerous for the engine, exhaust gas gives you a proper temp of your manifold therefore you have an idea how hot the turbo is. This is good so you don't overheat turbo or turn engine off before it has properly cooled down. And a volt gauge tells you if you have a flat battery

Comment

Originally posted by Keeno View Post
                        Yeah oil temp, af and oil pressure going into my 3 gauge conversion that i'm trying to sort out at the moment and boost is going on steering column cover. I'm a bit unsure of putting them on the pillar, although airbags are in roof when they deploy the pillar cover comes off or away i believe. May well be fine to put them on there tbh but until i get stuck for ideas i'm going to put gauges where i have said
                        air to fuel and oil pressure how are they helpful not being funny just dont understand them thats all

also any idea on what someone would charge to fit boost and oil temp guage as oil temp sounds like ypou got to plumb it in. does oil gauge come with everything needed to fit??

Comment

what about water temp mate???

whats vacuum for?

volts and exhaust gas temp seem silly

Comment

what about water temp mate???

whats vacuum for?

volts and exhaust gas temp seem silly
                            Vacuum is for n/a cars mate.
                            Volts is more for show if you want somthing thats looks good and fills a hole
                            Exhaust gas is for very highly tuned cars really and is very pricey to buy and to fit

I didnt see the point in water temp, it doesnt tell you how hot the engine is? Thats oil temp. Yeah it will tell you if your coolant overheats due to a leak or something but oil temp can do the same i guess. After a blitz the water temp may say 85 or something but the oil may still be cooking...

Comment

so to be honest do you think for vxr boost and oil temp are the ones to get. explain to me the air one please oh and why oil press sorryy for all questions

Comment

Working...
                              X