X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satnav

hi
    my friend has a satnav and i have the standard console in my nurburg. he has kindly offered it to me as he is selling his car. i have had a look at the how to guides but wanna double check that i have to remove everything from bottom up?
    also do i just need the console from his car? what about antenna? etc.

thanks

Your going to have to divorce it from the orginal car and match it up with yours or something like that i'm sure of it? i think u need a Tech2 to do this. Might be wrong though .
    Bastuck De-Cat pipe and Regal IPF for sale!

Comment

You will need the stereo unit itself i.e. the cd70 and the colour screen (CID) from his car. You will also need a GPS antenna but believe it would be easier to buy one off ebay for a couple of quid than to strip it from your mates. Then just swap them over and should be fine.
      '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

Originally posted by evo6 View Post
        Your going to have to divorce it from the orginal car and match it up with yours or something like that i'm sure of it? i think u need a Tech2 to do this.
        Think thats only needed when your just changing the stereo or screen. As long as the screen and stereo are taken from the same car it should be ok.
        '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

Originally posted by c0m3r View Post
          Think thats only needed when your just changing the stereo or screen. As long as the screen and stereo are taken from the same car it should be ok.
          But then come the time if 1 goes faulty how will you be able to divorce the faulty unit, to replace it. As 1. it will be in the wrong car and 2. you wont know the code.

Best idea is to divorce and remarry into new car

Comment

but i think i am gonna have a problem if i get both stereo and satnav as i have black stereo wheras the other is the original 'champagne' colour. what do i do then? can the stereo facia be changed to black? or should i just take the satnav only. what is tech2 and marry business?
            sorry i dont get the jargon

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
              but i think i am gonna have a problem if i get both stereo and satnav as i have black stereo wheras the other is the original 'champagne' colour. what do i do then? can the stereo facia be changed to black? or should i just take the satnav only. what is tech2 and marry business?
              You cant just take the sat nav, The sat nav is part of the stereo. I have heard that the facia's can come off but it wont work with your old facia, youll need to buy another cd70 one and considering there isnt many around anyway and they fetch quite a bit complete i doubt anyone would be willing to strip it down,

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                But then come the time if 1 goes faulty how will you be able to divorce the faulty unit, to replace it. As 1. it will be in the wrong car and 2. you wont know the code.

Best idea is to divorce and remarry into new car
                True, just saying its possible though mate

Agree with Phatashki, very unlikely someone is going to strip down something so valuable. My advice would be to forget this one if its the wrong colour and either get a piano black one or buy a double din stereo such as the VXMMI which has built in sat nav already. Tech2 is the system used to diagnose and program the electrical systems on the car. 'Marrying' and 'divorcing' in this case means that the head unti and screen will only work properly when they have been paired together using the tech2 system. The 'marrying' part is when they are connected together and the 'divorcing' is the opposite. When they arent married the system does not work properly.
                Last edited by c0m3r; 22 October 2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

cheers people. just one more thing where do i get the leads from? i could not get them from the other car.

Comment

cheers people. just one more thing where do i get the leads from? i could not get them from the other car.
                    The only 'lead' you will need is the GPS antenna. Can take it off the donor car but believe its behind the roof lining so would just buy one off ebay for a few quid.

Comment

at the back of the satnav are two sockets, one normal not sure what the other is.
                      the back of the head unit has two other sockets different from my head unit.

i can get access to the donor car to take the leads to if possible can you tell me which and how to take the leads out.

your help is much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                      X