This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamscience with FMIC

If i can get enough cash together, im going to add a fmic when i get the lsd fitted.
    Does anyone know, will the dreamscience maps together with the exhaust and intercooler, provide me with the stage 3 equivelent? In terms of power & torque?
    the reason i ask, is im sure somewhere i read, dreamscience maps dont accomadate bigger coolers. I may of course been dreaming!

Needs to be properly mapped to achieve stage 3 figures, better off getting a tuner that can provide maps for each stage

Comment

should be fine mate, the ds maps run high bhp to start with, the cooler will make the bhp more usable. The ds maps should learn that you have a cooler fitted.
      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Damn thats 2 conficting pieces of advice lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
          Damn thats 2 conficting pieces of advice lol
          I'm sure the boost levels are different between stage 1 and 3, because the cooler means you can run higher boost, may be wrong?

Comment

More boost? I dont think so, stage 3 is more about accomodating for the cooler inlet temps rather than upping the boost higher than stage 2
            sigpic
            VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

Originally posted by Hally83 View Post
              More boost? I dont think so, stage 3 is more about accomodating for the cooler inlet temps rather than upping the boost higher than stage 2
              I'm moderating sure that the reason Stage3 cars have more torque than Stage2 is through slightly higher boost earlier in the rev range.

At the very least, I would have the ECU reset (more than just a battery disconnect) after installing the FMIC. The ECU will 'relearn' the internal tables from scratch with the proper equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeno View Post
                I'm sure the boost levels are different between stage 1 and 3, because the cooler means you can run higher boost, may be wrong?
                I wouldn't of thought so, as when you fit the cooler, your increasing the flow "Depending what one", as some kits don't (no names). There for less boost is needed, to make the same amount of power.

Comment

yes, and the ds maps can learn and change with the smaller mods.
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                    I wouldn't of thought so, as when you fit the cooler, your increasing the flow "Depending what one", as some kits don't (no names). There for less boost is needed, to make the same amount of power.
                    Okay, i would have thought cooler inlet temp means more boost is possible Fact is though you are not going to get same figures by just using a generic stage 1 map surely?? It would be intresting to see the results if so though...

Comment

Originally posted by Keeno View Post
                      Okay, i would have thought cooler inlet temp means more boost is possible Fact is though you are not going to get same figures by just using a generic stage 1 map surely?? It would be intresting to see the results if so though...
                      It is, but isn't the way to go about it really..
                      Its good to see what gains the cooler has made before changing the map, as then you can clearly see what difffernce the cooler itself has actually made, without any alterations to the map, as I found out by just adding a cooler it actually lost me power due to the poor design of the cooler endtanks and pipework, it was actually worse than the oe setup believe it or not

Comment

Its good to see what gains the cooler has made before changing the map, as then you can clearly see what difffernce the cooler itself has actually made, without any alterations to the map, as I found out by just adding a cooler it actually lost me power due to the poor design of the cooler endtanks and pipework, it was actually worse than the oe setup believe it or not
                        PM me the cooler name? Pwease?

Comment

The map will run fine, you will see gains but it maybe possible for higher gains by having a map that has been tweaked.

As I've said previously theres no magic setting in a map that says you now have 300bhp its just tables of fuel ratios ignition timings based on load and revs and boost limits etc. These can be tweaked to give you that little bit more torque.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by JB_VXR View Post
                            PM me the cooler name? Pwease?
                            And me if you would be kind enough

Comment

If you could PM me this to mate that would be grate as i don't want a crap cooler.
                              sigpic
                              3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

Working...
                              X