X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry and push button start

Hi everyone.

Just a quick note, i am a proud member of owning a vxr nurburgring edition, number 59, as of today

I just had a quick question regarding the keyless entry n push start system

I would like to know how close do i need to be close to the car for it to be active, i.e. can i stand 10 metres from the car and someone can start the car?

at what point is the key out of range?

and if the key goes out of range, will the engine cut out?

If the key is out of range, does the car close automatically, or do i have to make sure i shut it myself.

Any imfo would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Kapil

It's about 1 to 1.5 metres for the unlock process to be active, the car will not start unless the key is detected within the vehicle shell.

If the key is removed when running, car will keep running until you want to switch off then the key missing light will illuminate and engine will not stop

Car will not self lock when you walk away. Either press fob button or door handle sensor

System is a bit hit and miss but you will learn what makes it tick

Works best for me if key in right pocket all the time and not near a phone.

Good luck with your burg!

Comment

Excellent!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by kapz22 View Post
        Excellent!

Thanks for the quick reply.
        now enjoy

Comment

I find tapping the door sometimes fails when its raining, I wonder if that is something to do with the water on the handle or just sods law that its raining lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

p.s. you can also close windows by pressing and keeping your finger on the door sensor until they have closed.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
              I find tapping the door sometimes fails when its raining, I wonder if that is something to do with the water on the handle or just sods law that its raining lol
              yeah the rain effects the censors , i find myself using the fob when its raing so`s not to stand there looking like a fool touching my handles and nowt happening

Comment

have a look at the hot to threads , theres a few things you may not already know about

Comment

I'm not sure whether you can close the windows via the sensors, but I know you close the windows via the key fob. Once to lock, second to deadlock and third to shut windows, although you have to keep you're finger on it till they fully close
                  2015 BUZZ BLUE ASTRA GTC VXR
                  AERO PACK, AFL, DUAL ZONE CC, NAVI 650, PERFORMANCE SEAT PACK

Comment

Yes you can use sensors for windows.

You also also use your butt on the sensors too

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                    X