X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smd conversion in aberdeen

hi all

I would like a smd conversion for my dash.I would like red/white so wouldn't be changing the speedo etc.Is there anyone in the aberdeen area that can do this or willing to help me out for a small fee.I am just not sure how easy it is to solder the small smds.

Any info or help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Darren

Its not hard if you are good at stripping the part and can use a soldering iron but as i say you need to know what your doing as some very small parts and not cheap to replace if it goes south.The main screen is your big problem, if its a 07 car on.
    Last edited by vxrdave; 24 October 2009, 05:05 PM.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Think i can manage the stripping part,thats dash parts not my clothes.Just dont want to wreck any parts soldering them.I am capable with me hands.Where the best lace to buy them?
      Darren

Comment

http://www.ledconversions.co.uk/

Comment

https://www.crazyleds.co.uk/

Comment

Darren, I think Ravin Beef (Steve) will eventually be doing these for people. He's a really busy guy, but also very keen to give new stuff a go. He might even be able to give you a few pointers if you want to give it a go yourself. x
            sigpic
            Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Theres a guy on AON, called stampede that does these to, I'll be getting him to do mine wen I have the cash, seems pretty reasonable price wise to.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                Theres a guy on AON, called stampede that does these to, I'll be getting him to do mine wen I have the cash, seems pretty reasonable price wise to.
                That's right Ashley, ..I bet Adam (Stampede) wouldn't mind coming up to Scotland to do some SMD conversions if there were enough people interested. x
                sigpic
                Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                  That's right Ashley, ..I bet Adam (Stampede) wouldn't mind coming up to Scotland to do some SMD conversions if there were enough people interested. x

is this the same smd conversion that daz used to do. ??? and how would get in contact with him?

kind regards paul
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

I live near paul so i would be interested in this too if he did come up here

Comment

You will need to join AON, and pm stampede, Actually he is on this site to, altho very rarly pops his head on. He also does a postal service, I was going to be sending my parts to him, He only needs the fascia part, not the whole radio and heater controls. And will post them back once done.

Comment

anybody nows if it is possible to change the colour in the CID(sat nav) screen...?

when you switch to night then is black and orange...

i have converted all my contacts to blue but wouldlike the sat nav scrren to match and if it possible to change the orange to blue...?

ive heard that it is programeble like and computer to change colour....

Comment

Originally posted by hapsdoggen View Post
                          anybody nows if it is possible to change the colour in the CID(sat nav) screen...?

when you switch to night then is black and orange...

i have converted all my contacts to blue but wouldlike the sat nav scrren to match and if it possible to change the orange to blue...?

ive heard that it is programeble like and computer to change colour....
                          its defo in the software for the cid since its full colour anyways, i cant imagine anyone has ever attempted to change it, i think it matches reasonably well at night as its already blue (mostly), it looks alright with my blue smd's anyway
                          Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                          Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                          Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

i did my own led conversion in the astra so if anyone new to this attempts it and needs any advice id be happy to try and help, i was thinking about offering a service similar to what daz did but tbh i dont really want to be driving up and down the country and putting miles on the vxr (its my only car)
                            Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                            Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                            Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
                              its defo in the software for the cid since its full colour anyways, i cant imagine anyone has ever attempted to change it, i think it matches reasonably well at night as its already blue (mostly), it looks alright with my blue smd's anyway

the satnav screen in my car with the dvd90 is black and orange in night mode....

is it possible to change the orange to blue and black....?

then it match all my cotacts and speedo ive converted to blue....

Comment

Working...
                              X