Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any other tuner's out there?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any other tuner's out there?????

ok guy's/girl. please understand that i DO NOT mean to start any tuner war here so please keep it sweet.

ok right there's courtaney-thorney-regal and a few other's which, but is there any other's?? that are even more tech minded . like race tuners and so on.

what im asking is what other top tuners is there apart from these vauxhal tunner's. again not saying there not good enough .

there must be a place that could make you car a beast with a stand lone ecu . and stuff like that. so let's say you/i want to be diffrent where would you/i go to get a standalone ecu done or any other thing like that in ecu remaping and so on.

it would very intresting to here from people in the no.

kind regards paul
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

these guys are the best, supossedly, and if you want a beast/one off then all you need is tha cash and balls.

Comment

speak to the lads on the other forums for advice, astraownersnetwork, astraownersclub, migweb as they do it all the time, an know the right people to go to for mapping a standalone an things like that, tuners dont like to go to that extreme because then they have to provide some kind of warrenty, an if your running a massive powered engine it will be more prone to braking ... if you get what i mean.
      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
        these guys are the best, supossedly, and if you want a beast/one off then all you need is tha cash and balls.

so these guy's can do a stand alone ecu and all . as iv been qouted £18oo for a standalone ecu fitted with two maps but that's from some guy that owns and race's his own car's. so he know's what he is doing. so if he is about there must be other's

Comment

I know where id go , but my pockets aint deep enough for them.

However i use Courtenay Sport for my engine map, id recommend them to anyone
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
            speak to the lads on the other forums for advice, astraownersnetwork, astraownersclub, migweb as they do it all the time, an know the right people to go to for mapping a standalone an things like that, tuners dont like to go to that extreme because then they have to provide some kind of warrenty, an if your running a massive powered engine it will be more prone to braking ... if you get what i mean.
            well to be honest i dont want to be runing a massive amout of power just a well OREANISED POWER if you get what im saying. as the standard ecu in the vxr is built for multi purpose. and im only asuming it can only reprogramed to a extent. where's the standalone is a fare better ecu. which i have been told.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.H View Post
              I know where id go , but my pockets aint deep enough for them.

However i use Courtenay Sport for my engine map, id recommend them to anyone

no mate my pocket are not that deep either. all im after really is to build my car up for 300bhp. and have a ecu+turbo that can take it and use it correct with out causing to many problems. just heard so many good things about these standalone ecu's. but courtnaney dont do them.

Comment

if you arnt going to use the car on the road an only want it for a weekend car then yeah standalone is the way to go as you can get rid of the things you dont need, like the maf an the cat, an you place sences where you want to pick things up on a standalone. dta do some really good systems..

with the standard ecu you can map them to what ever you want with in reasons.

what power are you wanting, are yuo going down the garrett route?

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                  no mate my pocket are not that deep either. all im after really is to build my car up for 300bhp. and have a ecu+turbo that can take it and use it correct with out causing to many problems. just heard so many good things about these standalone ecu's. but courtnaney dont do them.

mate, the standard ecu is fine for 300 bhp.... ive had mine for over 30k at stage 3, 300 bhp an its never missed a heart beat. i think that a good boost controller like an apexi would be a good idea so that you can manage boost in each gear, but the problem is that the ecu is very tricky as is a cambus net work.

its all down to the mapping how the car feels..

Comment

The standard ecu is actually more powerful than most standalone units, peoples problem is that they cant map them themselfs. If you research it then you can buy the software to map it....
                    sigpic

Comment

if you arnt going to use the car on the road an only want it for a weekend car then yeah standalone is the way to go as you can get rid of the things you dont need, like the maf an the cat, an you place sences where you want to pick things up on a standalone. dta do some really good systems..

with the standard ecu you can map them to what ever you want with in reasons.

what power are you wanting, are yuo going down the garrett route?
                      oh the car will be still be geting used through the week. not much but would do. just been told that the stand alone ecu is much much better. and for£1800 id like to try it out but like any thing. i like to find out as much as possible from a tunner that is why im asking mate.

kind regards paul

Comment

mate if your not going to be mapping it yourself an going to get a tunner to do it, then i wouldnt bother with the standalone mate. but if you know how to map, play about with the laptop plugged in then yeah you my aswel get one.

all my mate run dta standalone but there for there track wepeons, novas, corsa, tigras with let engines running stupid power...

Comment

mate if your not going to be mapping it yourself an going to get a tunner to do it, then i wouldnt bother with the standalone mate. but if you know how to map, play about with the laptop plugged in then yeah you my aswel get one.

all my mate run dta standalone but there for there track wepeons, novas, corsa, tigras with let engines running stupid power...

cheer's for the advice mate i will keep that in mind .

kind regards paul

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.H View Post
                            The standard ecu is actually more powerful than most standalone units, peoples problem is that they cant map them themselfs. If you research it then you can buy the software to map it....

ok mate cheer's for the advice/infor.

kind regrds paul

Comment

Petropoulos Tuning in Greece can tune your car, and make it the beast you want!

At this point we just finished a Astra OPC from Germany @450+ hp, with stock ecu.

Our Corsa OPC is at 600+ stage!

I'll be glad to provide you with info if you like to own a true beast!

Comment

Working...
                              X