This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubular manifold for oe turbo???

As there has been quite a few people suffering with manifolds cracking not just with the vxr but also other models that run the same kind of set up as the Astra, Corsa, from research I’ve been doing I’ve found that most manifolds tend to crack due to extreme heat collection in the oe manifold, an with the mk 4 gsi it used to kill piston 3, so I’ve been thinking we need a tubular manifold making that houses the oe turbo...

The main benefits running one would be that the turbo would maintain boost further up the rev range an would also help better spooling and feel more responsive, also it would help get heat further away from the engine an wouldn’t be as restrictive as the oe cast one.

The dbilas cast manifold sells at £762.

If there was on option out there in the form of a tubular manifold that housed the oe turbo how much would people be willing to pay? would be cheaper than the dbilas one....

feed back welcome
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

£200 sounds good sounds like this could be a good one especially with a hybrid turbo, keep us updated on this with the results.

Comment

will do mate, would be nice to see it at that price but no chance. lol... thats what im thinking would help the hybrids even more.

its getting made up this week.

Comment

Not sure on price. But would be interesting if they could be made at a decent price.

Comment

so is the
          most manifolds tend to crack due to extreme heat collection in the oe manifold, an with the mk 4 gsi it used to kill piston 3
          actually common place? and is the corsa and astra manifolds the same on the vxrs?!.....

get what im saying?....

Comment

£400-£450 i reckon.
            sounds very intresting this
            sigpic

Comment

yeah will defo be good to see a price on some thing like this.
              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
                so is the
                actually common place? and is the corsa and astra manifolds the same on the vxrs?!.....

get what im saying?....
                if you look on other forums with people who have the mk gsi an start to up the power, number 3 tends to fail, an thats whats happening with the corsa vxr, 95% of the time is number 3 due to the heat collection as this is where the turbo sits..

number 3 failing on the astra is not as common as the corsa for some reaseon, but the astra mani tends to fail / crack more often than the corsa, but its not always the fact that its down to extreme heat, as ian (percy) pointed out that having the mani nuts tighten up to tight can crack it aswel

Comment

i think i only know of one corsa with a number 3 piston

believe the astras issue is with the flowing of the manifold! 1,2 and 4 flows better causing disruption to 3 and causing it to heat and knock quicker

didnt know this was a real issue on the leh

i can get a price put together by janspeed if yas wish! ive no idea on price from their end but i cannot imagine it being cheep!

sigpic

Comment

sounds interesting, it'd be even better if the exhaust housing was separate and had a flange on it that would let you swap to a garrett later on should you feel the need.

Comment

i know of someone who is wanting to do it, but he wants to know if there is the market for it.. i will be able to say more next weekend when we have one fitted to a car...

Comment

anything can be done mate! price is the restriction, they would need a car and a garrett if they were to do it!

sigpic

Comment

Yea, ballpark prices and you'll get better responses I think. I may be interested....

Comment

sounds good pm me sandy
                            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Would be well on for one of these as i am running a hybrid keep us posted

Comment

Working...
                              X