This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost pipes and Air boxes

Will the fitment of a 1.9 Air box and a boost pipe, provide any noticible differences in power gains?

Obviously its better air flow so does this generate better power or just smooth out the delivery?

Has any one fitted these on a standard un mapped car and RR'd it to see if theres any gains?

I know its another power thred but im genrally interested in this as im going to fit these, But should i put these parts on or get a remap first?

Thanks.
    Last edited by earley; 25 October 2009, 08:04 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE
    Mazda 3 MPS Aluminum silver. Standard for now......
    Astra CDTI 200 bhp No smoke No poke!!

If in Doubt Flat Out 'Colin Macrae'

Originally posted by earley View Post
    Will the fitment of a 1.9 Air box and a boost pipe, provide any noticible differences in power gains?

Obviously its better air flow so does this generate better power or just smooth out the delivery?

Has any one fitted these on a standard un mapped car and RR'd it to see if theres any gains?

I know its another power thred but im genrally interested in this as im going to fit these, But should i put these parts on or get a remap first?

Thanks.
    Early pickup and acceleration is improved, don't know if theres any actual BHP gain but the car feels like it has more torque, probably due to the lower intake temps.

Be warned though, fuel consumption on the standard map will go up, I dropped about 3-4 mpg but regained some at stage 2 bringing me to 32 mpg avg and my foots a little heavy too.

I had Percy VXR's kit and have been very happy with it.

Comment

Thanks.
      As I said to you mate, Andygsi & abbo got around 280bhp with the standard map with milltek exhaust

Comment

Cool il still be getting these from our man but i was just interested on how they perform etc.
        Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE

Comment

Cool il still be getting these from our man but i was just interested on how they perform etc.

Id take you out in mine to show u, but there are other modifications on mine, to take into account for

Comment

i know mate i still havent had a ride in yours i want to, but i know if i sit in that passenger seat il get out with a list as long as my arm and go straight for a credit card haha.

Comment

i know mate i still havent had a ride in yours i want to, but i know if i sit in that passenger seat il get out with a list as long as my arm and go straight for a credit card haha.
              Might not be such a good idea then , let me know if you change yer mind though

Comment

Haha il still take you up on the offer mate. Im slowly but surely getting there with my mods. Considering it was standard and staying that way..... haha you and ben have alot to answer for i blame you two haha

Comment

I know people seem to be running stage 3 figures or near with the 1.9 airbox at stage 2 so does that mean with the 1.9 at stage 3 it will be even more?

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                    I know people seem to be running stage 3 figures or near with the 1.9 airbox at stage 2 so does that mean with the 1.9 at stage 3 it will be even more?
                    I'll let ya know next week after my RR
                    sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

after fitting the box, did you notice that the spool up on the turbo is VERY vocal? Mine is The pickup of the car is just silly now, its like having sports mode on when its not, if that makes sense

Also do you have to strip the cdti airfilter to bits at all? or just run it as it is, with the foamy stuff on the bottom?
                      sigpic
                      Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
                      !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
                      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

Originally posted by Nurburg608 View Post
                        I'll let ya know next week after my RR
                        Me too

Originally posted by Madmonkee View Post
                        after fitting the box, did you notice that the spool up on the turbo is VERY vocal? Mine is The pickup of the car is just silly now, its like having sports mode on when its not, if that makes sense

Also do you have to strip the cdti airfilter to bits at all? or just run it as it is, with the foamy stuff on the bottom?
                        Mines very loud now

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo View Post
                          Me too
                          Let me know what ya get as a comparison considering we run pretty much the same stuff. I just have to figure out how to convert my readout to UK spec
                          sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Getting another RR Rory? Didnt u just get one after your inlet cam mod?
                            sigpic
                            VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

Originally posted by Hally83 View Post
                              Getting another RR Rory? Didnt u just get one after your inlet cam mod?
                              Yeah, but the did it with the stage 2 map on
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X