This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard intercooler

once the standard intercooler has been removed, how does the air con rad fix to the radiator??? pics would be great!

cable tie?

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
      cable tie?
      funny guy

Comment

Originally posted by alex007 View Post
        funny guy
        Comments like mine normally get the brainiacs going to come up with an answer for you.

I presume you bought a new cooler? Id have though it would come with brackets to fix the aircon and rad together?

Comment

You get brackets in the intercooler kit you are buying, although not all Intercooler kits come with them (eg the tx one)
          The intercooler kit I bought came with brackets but they were pants, they didn't push the rad in enough, causing the ac fan to rub against the intercooler! Like so:

So when you get your intercooler, just double check this..

Comment

The ic should come with brackets for the condensor.

You have to turn the rubber mountings on the subframe 180 degrees to push the oe rad back further, this stops the fan fouling the IC
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.H View Post

You have to turn the rubber mountings on the subframe 180 degrees to push the oe rad back further, this stops the fan fouling the IC
              Yeah, I got told about this, and will probably do that, although its off the car atm.. cheers mate.

Comment

has anyone got pictures of the brackets used to mount the air con to standard radiator??

Comment

Originally posted by alex007 View Post
                  has anyone got pictures of the brackets used to mount the air con to standard radiator??
                  These are the brackets I got with the intercooler, but they are pants tbh!

Last edited by VXRDean; 28 October 2009, 11:08 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                  X