This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suprised with Type R

Had a play with a Type R (not the new shape) today, he kept wanting to play but i kept at 60mph and ignored him thinking "whats the point, the Type R's are pretty slow" after about 5 - 10 mins of him flying past me, slowing down and pulling along side of me i waited untill the straight on the A1 was clear and put my foot down. I was pulling away from him and kept pulling then i slowed down, got round the bend and looked to see if the next straight was clear, it was so i waited for him to catch up and did it again. He over took me I don't know what happend, i don't know if he was playing with me the first time or if something was up with my car to make it slower in any way but he was pulling past me pretty easy. I don't know what you can do to the Type R's but this one was pretty fast since i'm at stage 2. He had an exhaust on both sides of the bumper and it popped a flame every time he changed gear, very loud too. Plus when he slowed down there was loads and loads of tiny little sparks coming out of his exhaust as if someone took a grider to it

Thought i'd never get beat by a Type R lol but i was wrong. Would it be highly modded?

Comment

The EP3 type-r is fast mate. My mate has just got 1. Its not as quick as my stage 2 but its still quick. Sounds like the 1 you have seen is de catted if its throwin flames out. Could have allsorts done to it.

Comment

Might of been decated like as when i think he changed to 5th there was a big puff of black smoke came out of his exhausts. Are the EP3's white though? as this was silver

Comment

not worth losing your licence for though is it ?? Too many "I raced this" and "I beat that" threads at the mo, IMHO if you do it keep it private, im sure your insurance Co would love to know what you really get upto. I know we all like to prove what are motors can do but keep it for private roads not the motorways.
          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Ep3's are the 2002-2005 ish models. Wasnt the one you met the newest version?

Comment

Quite a few around runing superchargers

Comment

Why didnt you just let him keep doing it, and save ya petrol?! Im sure as a "boy racer" he would have felt REALLY stupid if u just carried on at your normal speed..while he looked like a *@@#

I want to say making a bad name for Astra VXR drivers..but thats harsh, and its only my opinion!
                Thank you to NITRIX for the signature!!

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                  not worth losing your licence for though is it ?? Too many "I raced this" and "I beat that" threads at the mo, IMHO if you do it keep it private, im sure your insurance Co would love to know what you really get upto. I know we all like to prove what are motors can do but keep it for private roads not the motorways.
                  Okey dokey sorry sir. Like i said i waited untill a nice clear road with NO cars infront of me

Comment

ep3s are awesome,very under rated unless you have driven one,a weapon used well miss mine to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Magic View Post
                      Ep3's are the 2002-2005 ish models. Wasnt the one you met the newest version?
                      It was 04 - 05 plate i think

Comment

Ohh ok probably an ep3 then. I thought it might have been the newer ones because of the exhaust either side.

Comment

Originally posted by vonel View Post

Why didnt you just let him keep doing it, and save ya petrol?! Im sure as a "boy racer" he would have felt REALLY stupid if u just carried on at your normal speed..while he looked like a *@@#

I want to say making a bad name for Astra VXR drivers..but thats harsh, and its only my opinion!
                          Think he just wanted to see what the VXR was like or to show off his power. Not like we were flying over roundabouts and drifting all over the place. Just a nice blast down the straight and then slow down

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Magic View Post
                            Ohh ok probably an ep3 then. I thought it might have been the newer ones because of the exhaust either side.
                            Whats the ep3s like standard?

Comment

my mate has an old shape type r (05 plate) and it is absolutly rapid...dont know if he has done anything to it but he pulls away from me like am not even there lol

Comment

Working...
                              X