This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault code 42011

Hi all. i have fault code 42011 come up again, its something to do with cat efficiency. its becoming more regular now that this code comes up i normally just take it to the dealers an they clear it but then couple weeks later an its back. Could the cat be knackered? is there anything else that could be causing this?? oh i have a remus exhaust
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Could be a CAT or Lambda but more than likely just due to the lack of differences noticed between the 2 lambda sensors, some remaps widen the tolerances for this.

Also seems more common/likely on a 100 cell car

Astra

Comment

I got this all the time even with my 200cell cat. Since the stage 3 map went on it hasn't come back, fingers crossed.

In regards to getting your dealer to clear the code, you can do this by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, might save you some time rather than bringing it in to them.

As Ian said, there are maps that will help fix this or there are a few other ways around it manually but i'll leave those explanations to someone who knows exactly.
      sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

mine does this too annoying getting a new cat cause dealers have changed the sensors 4 weeks ago

Comment

Don't bother with new cat mate, i've tried that. Tried everything...

Comment

im sure the exhaust has gone quiet since the code appeared. all i get now out of the remus is little farts every so often an no popping. the code is still stored now. im off to tms friday so will ask them about it
            sigpic
            TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
              im sure the exhaust has gone quiet since the code appeared. all i get now out of the remus is little farts every so often an no popping. the code is still stored now. im off to tms friday so will ask them about it
              Do me a favour mate, when you get back PM and tell me what they have said please

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                Do me a favour mate, when you get back PM and tell me what they have said please

They will say what I have posted in post 2 I reckon

Astra

Comment

I had this come on today aswell. Was cruising at 55-60 for about 30 miles and notcied the light on...

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                    They will say what I have posted in post 2 I reckon
                    i fully agree as i got the same code when fitting my remus to my arden astra it will be with the sports cat mine came on and went out every now and again but since fitting the remus to my opel burg touch wood never had any probs with the light so far
                    sigpic
                    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Working...
                    X