This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vec C air intake

Is the air intake from a vectra C any bigger than the standard astra VXR one?
    Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE
    Mazda 3 MPS Aluminum silver. Standard for now......
    Astra CDTI 200 bhp No smoke No poke!!

If in Doubt Flat Out 'Colin Macrae'

The air intake for diesel Veccy C is bigger than the Astra VXR one (part number from VX 9177099) but it's not a that much bigger and it would also need adapting slightly to make it fit HTH x
    sigpic
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
      The air intake for diesel Veccy C is bigger than the Astra VXR one (part number from VX 9177099) but it's not a that much bigger and it would also need adapting slightly to make it fit HTH x
      Thanks your a knowlage of infomation as always. If its not that much bigger i guess theres not much point in getting it.
      Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE

Comment

I have a Dbilas replica one, it is the same, but only £50 from a guy on ebay, much bigger than the vectra one , Although it wont fit with the standard IC as the pipework gets in the way, but i'm sure you could somehow squeeze it in, but would probably require cutting the slam panel, mine is currently off the car as I have the OE intercooler back on, so I will see if it can be made to fit, if I get chance

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
          I have a Dbilas replica one, it is the same, but only £50 from a guy on ebay, much bigger than the vectra one , Although it wont fit with the standard IC as the pipework gets in the way, but i'm sure you could somehow squeeze in it, but would probably require cutting the slam panel
          Dean, I take it the Dbilas one fits okay with an aftermarket FMIC? x
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
            Dean, I take it the Dbilas one fits okay with an aftermarket FMIC? x
            Yeah will fit with no probs, If you buy the one off ebay which is the same, you have to either make your own bracket or use some self taping screws, although I just used tie wraps when I fitted it

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
              Yeah will fit with no probs, If you buy the one off ebay which is the same, you have to either make your own bracket or use some self taping screws, although I just used tie wraps when I fitted it
              That's cool, Fella. Ta muchly! x
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t=intake+scoop
                Shows difference between standard and dblias

Comment

I've got the Vec C one on, can't even fit a finger into the standard one, can fit most of my hand up the veccy one Oooo err

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo View Post
                    I've got the Vec C one on, can't even fit a finger into the standard one, can fit most of my hand up the veccy one Oooo err
                    Is this easy to fit? How much did this cost if you dont mind me asking and is it from stealers with the part numberpaulie gave earlier?

Comment

I will try and see if the larger scoop will fit, when I get chance for you mate, as its bigger than the Vectra one
                      Last edited by VXRDean; 27 October 2009, 07:28 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Cheers Dean just thinking this will go well when i get m new air box ;-)

Comment

www.turbotomsautos.co.uk Very large scoop with hose and clips £65.00.

Comment

does it fit, isnt the the attachment hose form intake to box longer. on about vectra intake?

Comment

Originally posted by colinm2 View Post
                              www.turbotomsautos.co.uk Very large scoop with hose and clips £65.00.
                              cant find the scoop? any links direct to the page its on?

Comment

Working...
                              X