X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 2 in Glasgow?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any place, cheap, that has Tech 2, in or around the Glasgow area, etc?

Thinking of getting the Cruise Control Stalk, but heard a few people saying Vauxhall charge quite nicely for Tech 2, so looking for somewhere else.

Cheers.

i got mines done by a tech who works for vauxhall, ive got his number if you want it? he charged me £30 or £40, he works at linwood vaux but i went to his house near johnstone
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
      i got mines done by a tech who works for vauxhall, ive got his number if you want it? he charged me £30 or £40, he works at linwood vaux but i went to his house near johnstone
      Cool, same place i bought car, lol!

I take it £30 or £40 was just fitting charge do you mean, or did this include price of part too?

I see some people saying stalk can be bought for £30, then fitting cost, so if he did do supply and fit for £30-£40, sounds good to me.

Anyone confirm if this price seems good too?

Cheers.

Comment

yeah £30-40 for fitting, i got the stalk from ebay for £30, theres a few for buy it now at that price, only takes about 5-10mins to do and the guy knew his stuff, pm me when/if you need his number,
        Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Ok mate, will do, cheers.

Should be picking up car next week at latest, so probs PM you later in week when i get part in, etc.

Cheers.

Comment

what colour/year is your car? i got mines from them back in march,

Comment

Sorry mate, been busy at work.

Car is Arden Blue, and year is 2006.

What about yourself?

Comment

yeah mines is also arden and on an 07 plate, is your car already there, was down the other day and saw a 06 plate arden kicking about?

Comment

Yeah, should be.

There were two in week or so ago. One had chrome mirror caps, mine was the other.

Don't tell me something wrong with one you seen now, lol?

Comment

no lol, my m8 was in getting some work done on his car and i saw the arden sitting in the forecourt, nout wrong with it lol

Comment

Lol, phew!

Nah, just waiting on plate transfer coming through, which should be end of this week.

After that, give it final 'once over', pay, and away, lol!

On another note, was gona get back 3 windows tinted, and had phoned Diamond Tints, as heard many people recommend them. Initially was gona get front and back tinted, then hearing the hassle with front tints now, and having been done with 3 points for front tints before, changed mind. Qoute was £140 for front and back, and £100 for just back.

Any idea if this sounds right? The £140 seemed good price, but is £40 a difference the norm for missing two front windows out?

Cheers.

Comment

Give Pentagon a try they have done my last 2 cars and service is top notch and 10 year warranty on their work!!

Pentagon Scotland
                        44 Cumberland Street
                        GLASGOW. G5 9QJ

T: 0141 418 0021

E: [email protected]
                        W: www.pentagonglasgow.co.uk
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Thanks mate, give them a call in the morning.

Cheers.

Comment

theres a guy in shettlseton done mine across from halfords in the industrial estate might be above cant remember but he done mine and very good job indeed he took photos of mine so just ask him to show you light smoke at front and dark smoke all round for 140
                            ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Cheers mate.

Do you know, is the light smoke on front within legal limits, or does it fall below the 75%?

Also, if it does fall below, have you had much bother with police, as hear they are getting tighter on this kinda thing?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X