This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vx220

Would anyone get one of these for their next car? What are they like? are they faster than the astra VXR?

faster hmm id say more capable for track useage but ive driven one i looked into it mate its not really a daily driver no mod cons and its only 2 seats
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

ask VXRBrett he just bought a VX220 Turbo!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by soosie
      Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
      Originally posted by soosie
      Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Why isnt it a daily driver? I dont drive my car to work i just use it for going to places etc and i dont care about comfort at all lol as long as the car is fine

Comment

I suppose they handle better but are they faster after 60?

Comment

so you want wind up windows no real foot well carpet, no push engine start heated seats etc etc mate theyre v basic inside
            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

I like that mate, i like having a nice relaxed car that is fast but i also like the track style cars where you are sitting on your ar$e with a crap interior. I know the vx220 inside is very boring and dull but the way i sit and the feel of the car will make me forget all that. Was thinking about getting one for next car but don't know

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                I like that mate, i like having a nice relaxed car that is fast but i also like the track style cars where you are sitting on your ar$e with a crap interior. I know the vx220 inside is very boring and dull but the way i sit and the feel of the car will make me forget all that. Was thinking about getting one for next car but don't know

Lol at you guys stepping round the question for can of worms fear.

Upto 60 the VX220 is quicker than a standard VXR but after that the VXR Astra will catch it and pull past as it has more bhp and more torque.

The VX220 TURBO is a different story though Astra is slower end of I'm afraid, you could tune the Astra and be quicker rolling but then again you could then tune the VX220 and it's in fron again.

For a balance of comfort, power and ok handling the Astra wins, but for no frills track fun and occassional run about with exceptional handling the VX220 is the one.

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
                  so you want wind up windows no real foot well carpet, no push engine start heated seats etc etc mate theyre v basic inside
                  You have a engine start push button on the VX220 my friend....

That wouldn't stop me buying one if it didn't tho....

I had one before the Vectra, if you're happy crawling in and out of your car then go for it, but beware, it's the end of little skirts on your girlfriend....

Hence why I bought the Vectra!
                  sigpic
                  Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

I just watched Wrecks to Riches on Discovery Real Time, where they rebuilt a catagory D write off VX220 NA, back to show room condition in yellow, looked stuning, with the help of John Thorne & his team at Milton keynes, complete with new sports exhorst & remap to stage 2 they wanted £13,200 for it (worth £16,000) but the buyer only wanted to pay £10,000 so needless to say he didn't get it, I would have snatched there hand off for it. I have always wanted one & the 2.2 ltr. engine is fantastic, I had the same engine in my previous MK 4 Astra 2.2 SRi
                    sigpic
                    Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
                    Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
                    BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
                    'Clique' # 1

Comment

If i was to go for one it would be the vxr220 turbo one. I dont know though, i've always wanted a skyline r34 too but thats a different car all together

Comment

i had a vx220turbo before i got the vxr zafira and loved it. you cant compare the 220 with the astra as they are very differnt. a mate had a burg at the same time ane the 220t is far quicker i use to race bikes not cars, need i say more. as far as a daliy driver the can be and mine was as its that much fun to drive that the ford galexy i had just site there unless the kids were going. until you have driven one youl not understand how good they are.

Comment

right guys!

the vx220 will kill the astra on any bend regardless of power for 1!

for 2 my NA vx220 will it 60 in under5 seconds, so yes they are farquicker than the astra!

i had aplay with my mates mazda 3 MPS (quicker than the astra vxrwith 260bhp) and he could not catch me untill around 120mph and mines nt even the turbo!

its an awsome to drive and very comfortable! i could drive it for hours without any problems what so ever!

and regalvxr it does have a start button!!

Comment

Originally posted by vxfarney View Post
                            i had a vx220turbo before i got the vxr zafira and loved it. You cant compare the 220 with the astra as they are very differnt. A mate had a burg at the same time ane the 220t is far quicker i use to race bikes not cars, need i say more. As far as a daliy driver the can be and mine was as its that much fun to drive that the ford galexy i had just site there unless the kids were going. Until you have driven one youl not understand how good they are.
                            agree +1 :d

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
                              faster hmm id say more capable for track useage but ive driven one i looked into it mate its not really a daily driver no mod cons and its only 2 seats
                              soooo much quicker mate, especially the turbo!

Comment

Working...
                              X