Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

map question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • map question

    already got a stage two courtney but now live no were near them and want a stage 3 by mpg. can i just have a stage 3 off mpg even though my stage 2 is courtney or do i have to buy a stage 2 off mpg as well as a stage 3 (am i makin any sence) also mpg told me i need a uprated actuator and fuel pump as my courtney map aint holding its boost very good at all, its coming off boost at 4.5rpm compleatly, and only boosting too 1.4bar, he said the only thing for it is a remap by them and the pump and actuator, says i sould then be seeing 280-285bhp and 340ish torque, instead of 270bhp and 320ftlbs, he says that is quite pooh, but thats 800 quid, so was thinking may as well get a stage 3 instead and a new fmic ? also how do i get my courtney map off with out taking it to dealers, any one sellin a decent intercooler

  • #2
    simple answer , it`s your choice what you do and who you listen to , both courts and mpg have peeps on here who`ll say both are good . my personal opinian is chat to the nearest tuner and if you feel all is well then go for it , if in any doubt then don`t

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by antbee123 View Post
      already got a stage two courtney but now live no were near them and want a stage 3 by mpg. can i just have a stage 3 off mpg even though my stage 2 is courtney or do i have to buy a stage 2 off mpg as well as a stage 3 (am i makin any sence) also mpg told me i need a uprated actuator and fuel pump as my courtney map aint holding its boost very good at all, its coming off boost at 4.5rpm compleatly, and only boosting too 1.4bar, he said the only thing for it is a remap by them and the pump and actuator, says i sould then be seeing 280-285bhp and 340ish torque, instead of 270bhp and 320ftlbs, he says that is quite pooh, but thats 800 quid, so was thinking may as well get a stage 3 instead and a new fmic ? also how do i get my courtney map off with out taking it to dealers, any one sellin a decent intercooler
      go for forge cooler if got the money, uprated actuator helps hold the boost longer if your car done few miles it be worth replacing, there cheap enough, you most likely need map tweeked and they can be pain to set up, power should start dropping off around 5.5k. fuel pump and reg i say dont waste your time unless getting bigger turbo.
      alexfi one to ask he seems to know alot but he banned atm.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vxrspeed View Post
        go for forge cooler if got the money, uprated actuator helps hold the boost longer if your car done few miles it be worth replacing, there cheap enough, you most likely need map tweeked and they can be pain to set up, power should start dropping off around 5.5k. fuel pump and reg i say dont waste your time unless getting bigger turbo.
        alexfi one to ask he seems to know alot but he banned atm.
        fuel pump and reg whats a reg mate? he said bigger fuel pump to help cooling, any body else think i could get away with not changing my pump or is it just best to do it , not saying mpg are wrong but just double checking

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by antbee123 View Post
          fuel pump and reg whats a reg mate? he said bigger fuel pump to help cooling, any body else think i could get away with not changing my pump or is it just best to do it , not saying mpg are wrong but just double checking
          fuel regulator some people change them when going past stage 3.
          fuel pump to help cooling? what? how can a fuel pump cool anything, it just pumps fuel down the line at a certain rate. changing it to better one (increases the rate) wont make and diff till you got bigger turbo, because the fuel reg will just send it back to the petrol tank as it not bein used.

          if you got the money, go for a forge intercooler, uprated actuator and a map. then should sort all probs out

          Comment


          • #6
            Go for Forge cooler mate thats what im doing, hopefully there will be a group buy on it soon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vxrspeed View Post
              fuel regulator some people change them when going past stage 3.
              fuel pump to help cooling? what? how can a fuel pump cool anything, it just pumps fuel down the line at a certain rate. changing it to better one (increases the rate) wont make and diff till you got bigger turbo, because the fuel reg will just send it back to the petrol tank as it not bein used.

              if you got the money, go for a forge intercooler, uprated actuator and a map. then should sort all probs out
              cheers mate

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                Go for Forge cooler mate thats what im doing, hopefully there will be a group buy on it soon
                i want it now thou ha,

                Comment


                • #9
                  first thing id do is ring courts and see what they can do and offer you...if then your still not happy move on

                  the grass is never greener on the other side...........just tastes better some times
                  WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by antbee123 View Post
                    i want it now thou ha,
                    Well buy it from Forge with the discount code

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It was only a couple months it was at courts Paul. It's my old astra. I would have thought it's something simple and I can't see the need for a fuel pump

                        if I still had it I'd be saving for a cooler and defenatly a LSD before more power

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          some cars need the pump some dont...ian would check before he sold it to him ...
                          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                            Well buy it from Forge with the discount code
                            im tight would rather pick one up second hand or cheap cheap

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              he said the pump would send more fuel through helping to cool somthing or other which would help keep the boost up, im gonna try the eds as i want 300bhp and reading a lot of stage 3 courtney owners they all seem under more like 290bhp, and i want more aggressive , i know dreamscience is aggressive but i want it through my sports button andi want some one local to me to look after my car hence the reason i want eds from mpg, courts is just to far to travel and i hate puttin pure miles on my ride, only use it in decent weather too,

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X