This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR Sprint from VXPC

People have been asking about the sprint car and its spec and progress, so VXR Performance Centre and 888 are going to run a regular Log of progress and development on the VXR sprint.
    Check out the Link http://www.vxronline.co.uk/photos/al...SPRINT_LOG.pdf
    Any discussion can be made here and Iwill aim to answer as much as I can , but the main log will be as described in the Link.
    Have a good Easter
    [email protected]

Kw suspension is being tested on some pretty awful roads this weekend , full report soon but at the moment fairing better than expected.
    [email protected]

Comment

Oulton Park Testing

Ok for interested and the sceptics.
      We have just spent the day testing the sprint car on one of the VXR trackdays , So far we have two component failures , a cracked turbo down pipe which we suspect is a manufacturing fault and the other a split cvjoint boot .(mainly due to the heat from the brakes )
      The car was driven very very hard by a current touring car racer. and apart from the mentioned faults is currently standing the pace well.
      We are currently running circa 300bhp and 330 ftlbs torque in this car and in all honesty on a hot 20degree day we have not seen any engine related heat issues , detremental to performance.
      There will be a full report next week. but as a snipet and to clarify the reason for a higher rpm limit we find that the car being revved to its soft cut limit of 7250 rpm is allowing the engine to keep higher revs on the take up of the next gear , allowing the turbo a quicker spin up and to get into the better range of torque.
      more to follow.

Comment

Well Mr Chilton fairly well hooned the car round Oulton Park for a day and a half . Those drivers of other 'performance' cars were shocked at a) the speed of the car b) the speed at whicha proper driver drives at.
        Considering the pounding I think the car did really well. Hurry up Dave and get it sorted for Silverstone.
        stu

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
          Well Mr Chilton fairly well hooned the car round Oulton Park for a day and a half . Those drivers of other 'performance' cars were shocked at a) the speed of the car b) the speed at whicha proper driver drives at.
          Considering the pounding I think the car did really well. Hurry up Dave and get it sorted for Silverstone.
          stu
          Sounds like a really fun project . Are the power figures mentioned going to be the same as the buying public get ?
          That sounds like a serious quick Astra
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
            stu
            Stu you did one lap ,I ended up doing 12 and every time he took it a bit further Im amazed how well it took the hammering I had to tell him to go easy on the burn outs from the pit lane, If he doesnt get that 100th win on Sunday hes banned from the sprint car for the next event !!!!
            He did circa 60 hot laps you know , loony

Comment

Might be better to intorduce this car into the BTCC as the current version seems to be pretty ***** tbh compared to the other rivals

Comment

ooh that hurts

Comment

Originally posted by davidof
                  ooh that hurts
                  sorry mate just an observation that the cars seem to be lacking a bit this season !!

Comment

what about lap times in comparrison to the btcc car as there in the same region bhp wise !!!!!

Comment

Any update on this or head to heads with the Sprint vs the Btcc car

Comment

Working...
                      X