This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost check

How can i check the boost cheap? I dont want to buy expensive boost gauges etc as i havent the money at the moment. Is there any way of doing this, where can i get a VERY cheap boost gauge just for testing?

cheap gauges wont be acurate mate.

best way is to plug a tech2 in.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

I have got a suspicion that it is in the hidden menu, the one that you hold the bc button for 10 secs? lol.
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
        I have got a suspicion that it is in the hidden menu, the one that you hold the bc button for 10 secs? lol.

it should be somewhere like that but very much doubt it. its been mentioned before but thats one thing that vx should of done in the vxr's is fit boost gauges as standard
        sigpic
        TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Not mechanically headed, lol, but should the ecu needs boost level to make the car to work sufficiently? Just like, one of the error code, "target boost pressure out of range", surely the ecu needs to obtain the reading for this, so if it is outside the range, it will show an error! I could be wrong, though, lol.
          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

If its in the hidden BC menu it wont be in PSI , its in Pascals I think
            sigpic
            Originally posted by soosie
            Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
            Originally posted by soosie
            Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Why do you need to check it? has the car been remapped?

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                How can i check the boost cheap? I dont want to buy expensive boost gauges etc as i havent the money at the moment. Is there any way of doing this, where can i get a VERY cheap boost gauge just for testing?
                30 quid for a gauge, that is cheap Could get on a RR get a boost plot but again 30 quid minimum usually for a run.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_gdon View Post
                  Why do you need to check it? has the car been remapped?
                  yep stage 2 mate

Comment

Well i called Vauxhall garage that are with Thorney near me, asked them if they could check boost with tech 2 and none of them understood so after the third person on the phone he said book the car in and we'll have a look at whats wrong with it... wtf?
                    I think im just going to book the car in for next weekend and get it on a rolling road with a local tuner

Comment

You want to read Intake pressure on tech2 it will be in KPA

100KPA means 0 boost 100KPA would be 1 bar boost etc. I have taken a couple mates out and read theres for them.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                      X