This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo

i have got a pioneer head unit....am guessing if i put it in my car it will work but the fuctions of the standard head unit wont ??? i.e. when you use the big knob in the middle 2 change everythin??

every no wot i mean ?
    sigpic
    Progress Thread
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
    WANTED:
    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

There should be a connects2 lead that will keep your steering wheel controls and should keep most of your other functions, except for the hidden menu stuff.
    sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

ah right so if i use the pioneer head unit i cud use the wheel on that head set for all the functions?
      sigpic
      Progress Thread
      WANTED:

Comment

What functions exactly? Forgot, you may also not be able to set the time/date.
        sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Nurburg608 View Post
          What functions exactly? Forgot, you may also not be able to set the time/date.
          The Connects2 interface with the Alpine unit I have still lets me change date and time, I would assume this is the case for Pioneer also.
          Red Astra VXR, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2s on Vredsteins, Remus, Forge Intercooler and Recirc valve, TMS Stage 3, RARB, Percy's CDTi Airbox, ITG Filter, NGK Iridium Plugs
          Blue LED interior lighting, LED sidelights.
          Alpine IVA-W502R, PXA-H100, PDX-1.600, SWR-1222D, KCE-400BT

Comment

by the functions i mean..u no how u use the mini wheel 2 scroll through everythin etc !!...i have one on the pioneer am jus wonderin if it wud act the same... might jus not bother lol
            sigpic
            Progress Thread
            WANTED:

Comment

Originally posted by AstraVXR_Red View Post
              by the functions i mean..u no how u use the mini wheel 2 scroll through everythin etc !!...i have one on the pioneer am jus wonderin if it wud act the same... might jus not bother lol
              Umm you do realise you remove the headunit the radio mini wheel dissapears with the OEM radio?

But no you do not loose any functionality with the exception of the time and date setting. But if you get the connects2 interface you retain that as well. What you do loose is the radio info on the display, but as the pioneer has a display you loose not much.

I think the question you need to ask is how do you use the functions like trip computer etc. Simple your steering wheel controls like you can do now.

Connects2 part is CTVX002 and Pioneer lead for this adapter is CTPIONEERLEAD. YOu will also require a Fascia and an active aerial adapter.

Comment

I fitted a Pioneer HU in mine the other week:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67286

Lists all the items used to get everything working. As already said though, the only thing you actually loose in the radio information being displayed on the MFD. You can still control the volume etc with the steering wheel, and the trip computer still works the same as before.

Comment

Working...
                X