This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my dash be sprayed piano black ?

as above, can my siver dash and stereio be painted piano black, anyone had it done? does it look proper ? or do i have to go down the root of selling mine and buying the black one (with guages as my silver one has got them) cos its the only thing on my whole car i dont like, and if i was to sell mine to buy the black one how much would i get for mine......... its the one with the visors in perfect con(mine)

Originally posted by antbee123 View Post
    as above, can my siver dash and stereio be painted piano black, anyone had it done? does it look proper ? or do i have to go down the root of selling mine and buying the black one (with guages as my silver one has got them) cos its the only thing on my whole car i dont like, and if i was to sell mine to buy the black one how much would i get for mine......... its the one with the visors in perfect con(mine)
    Yes with ease mate, leelee off here is the man to talk to for all your painting needs if you want a pro job done!

Comment

As mentioned speak to LeeLee. The only bits that might be a problem are the stereo and heater control unit, which happen to be the most expensive bits. Thats why I just bought a set already done on ebay.
      '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

my mate has the leon and would like to know if somone can paint his dash white

Comment

Originally posted by matty3649 View Post
          Yeah it could be done, plastic primer high build primer flatten and paint?

Comment

that's what someone with a burg should do i think it'd look great

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
              Yeah it could be done, plastic primer high build primer flatten and paint?
              he wants it done like the piano black but in white,his dash at the min is grey plastic

Comment

he wants it done like the piano black but in white,his dash at the min is grey plastic
                Aye that can be done no problems mate?

Is it the whole dash or just the inserts? What mark leona?

Comment

The new leon trim is very smooth, so should be no issue with that . A lot of small buttons on them though, similar to the VX stereo ...

Comment

the front of the vx stereo comes off and is easy to paint

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                      the front of the vx stereo comes off and is easy to paint
                      Do the little bits still light up?
                      Like where the led light comes out?

Comment

Do the little bits still light up?
                        Like where the led light comes out?
                        yes everything on the stereo is the same the leds/smds are on the buttons not the fascia the heater controls are different and would need masking

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                          yes everything on the stereo is the same the leds/smds are on the buttons not the fascia the heater controls are different and would need masking
                          Ah sound mate, never knew that.

Ive seen folk using wax to mask small areas like that and then heating it up to come off. Messy though i wouldnt even attempt it myself...

Comment

yeah its the new leon and its white k1 edition

Comment

Ah sound mate, never knew that.

Ive seen folk using wax to mask small areas like that and then heating it up to come off. Messy though i wouldnt even attempt it myself...
                              you can get a latex masking fluid for that... i bought my heater controls from someone on aon for a £10 and had the rest painted, cost me under a £100 for the lot including my steering wheel bits and door handles...happy days
                              Last edited by smokinvxr; 1 November 2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X