This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best sounding exhaust on astra vxr!!

hi all, can anyone tell me if the piper exhaust sounds better than the remus?
    reason being that im going to get my vxr tuned to stage 2 and courtenay told me that the piper is better, not that i am questioning there expertise, but i really like the sound of the remus!!!!
    thx devil vxr lol

easily the remus without a doubt

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

coolio thx!!!! thats made my mind up lol

Comment

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
        easily the remus without a doubt
        have you heard a piper exhaust then?

Comment

I like the remus but havent had any of the others so for me its the remus...

Comment

na i havent herd a piper, ive herd a remus and i think its sounds great!!!

Comment

Ive had a remus, milly race loud, an now im onto a modified milly race.

the remus was mint, looked good, did its job well but sounds alittle raspy for my liking, dont get me wrong its a well made exhaust as they all are. but now ive got my milly on i wont change it as it sounds the nuts works very well after been modified.

if i was you id be going for the piper as it gives the best gains and sounds very nice. but its all down to personal teast as some people dont like the look of the piper..
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

mate sound is nice however if your tunning then go for piper, only true 3" available, at the moment , it will sound great and be better money well spent. Nothing wrong with remus mind, but if you have a standard exhaust then go piper.

where abouts are you based?

Comment

ok many thx

Comment

it all about personal prefrence mate as someone said, everyone has different tastes.

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

i live in ipswich, so im very close to courtenays place anyway.
                      ive never done anything to a car b4, but i love my vxr and it sounds good anyway, but i just wanna make it sound better tht all lol

Comment

or get a wortec and modify it to full 3"

Comment

get the piper.

or the JP - sounds ace.

Comment

I have the Milltek Race, which replaced the remus, and I also had a Remus on my last VXR.
                            As sandy said, the Remus sounds mint, but is also too raspy for my liking, the Milltek race is deeper, and sounds awesome!
                            Id go for the piper though, full 3"
                            What have you done to yours sandy?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr666 View Post
                              i live in ipswich, so im very close to courtenays place anyway.
                              ive never done anything to a car b4, but i love my vxr and it sounds good anyway, but i just wanna make it sound better tht all lol

mate have you hear how loud the remus, piper with 1, 2 silences, milly loud, wortexs? because are you happy with the loudness of the standard system or are you wanting it louder?

if you arnt wanting it to loud then the piper with 2 silences or the milly race quite would suit you better.

best thing to do it to have a listen to each exhaust an see which one takes your fancy.
                              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                              X