Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shock help. Bloody sick

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shock help. Bloody sick

    Right im getting p!ssed off now. I have rang 6 Vauxhall garages and they do not have a clue what they are talking about. I told them that i need a new shock absorber and i gave them my reg number and that it was an 06 without IDS and they said it would cost £75 but then i asked if 93195983 was the part number and they said no, they said wait there i'll check again and said i dont know which one but i think the one you need is £101. [frack] sake, so i rang up loads of different garages that sell parts and asked for a shock obsorber for an astra vxr 06 plate etc etc and they came up with different prices but i dont know if its the right one as there is supposed to be different ones? What should i do? as no garage knows which one i need and neither do i

    Frack?
    Last edited by turbovxr; 2 November 2009, 03:19 PM. Reason: Swear word bypassing

  • #2
    according to VIN, they must know which one is the correct one i think
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

    Comment


    • #3
      Whats VIN? well they dont seem to know. They've changed their minds a few times and i dont want to buy it and then its not the right one and have to buy another

      Comment


      • #4
        Vehicle Identification Number
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

        Comment


        • #5
          I got the part numbers from Astra Owners Network. These are the numbers for the Astra VXR shocks as far as I can see.

          Have you tried sending Mattbibs a PM or giving him a call? Here are his contact details. He will help you out for sure

          Matthew Bibby
          Parts Manager
          Twells of Billinghay
          01526 860152
          [email protected]

          VXR non IDS rear shocks - 93186750
          VXR non IDS Offside front shock - 93195984
          VXR non IDS Nearside front shock - 93195983
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

          Comment


          • #6
            vehicle identification number
            Son of the Clyde a roaming went
            Sinned aplenty, much to repent
            loved and lost, gave and took
            Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
              I got the part numbers from Astra Owners Network. These are the numbers for the Astra VXR shocks as far as I can see.

              Have you tried sending Mattbibs a PM or giving him a call? Here are his contact details. He will help you out for sure

              Matthew Bibby
              Parts Manager
              Twells of Billinghay
              01526 860152
              [email protected]

              VXR non IDS rear shocks - 93186750
              VXR non IDS Offside front shock - 93195984
              VXR non IDS Nearside front shock - 93195983
              I PM'd him and he said £150, i aint paying that. I believe you about the part numbers thats why when i say to them is that part this number... and they say no i dont know what that part number is, i get p!ssed off. Think im just going to buy the £101 off Vauxhall. I give up on Vauxhall now its just silly

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry you're having these probs Bud, ..it gets you down when there's something wrong with your car. Just be careful who you let work on it, ..it's your pride and joy and you don't want any unnecessary hassle or expense. x
                sigpic
                Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                  Sorry you're having these probs Bud, ..it gets you down when there's something wrong with your car. Just be careful who you let work on it, ..it's your pride and joy and you don't want any unnecessary hassle or expense. x
                  I'll do it myself. Pretty easy to do. Its just getting the right one. What would you do?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    mate they know nothing when i enquired about the burg they told me it didnt exist and wasnt coming out exactly the same with vxracing edt too when i asked to see if they knew bout that one
                    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Alot of blokes in parts departments dont know a hole lot when it comes to the sporty limited editions (cos they just dont care).

                      This is why I always get lumped with the vxr's and things in our place.

                      But in their defence - The epc is getting worse and worse, but has always been piss poor with suspension comments - Easiest way is to see if there are any id letters on your shocks. Or go at them with full facts, IDS or None ids etc.

                      If still struggling drop me a pm and i'll look into it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I know its doing my head in. Im sat here thinking what should i do, i cant make a mistake on buying the wrong one so close to christmas. Its so sad how Vauxhall dont know which shock to give a Vauxhall customer after giving them their reg number etc. Is that numer 93195983 the right part 100%? Should i try ringing up Vauxhall and just say to them do you have this part number in 93195983...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Andy_888 View Post
                          Alot of blokes in parts departments dont know a hole lot when it comes to the sporty limited editions (cos they just dont care).

                          This is why I always get lumped with the vxr's and things in our place.

                          But in their defence - The epc is getting worse and worse, but has always been piss poor with suspension comments - Easiest way is to see if there are any id letters on your shocks. Or go at them with full facts, IDS or None ids etc.

                          If still struggling drop me a pm and i'll look into it.
                          I've told them that i have no IDS and that my car is an 06 plate, my reg. Everything they need to know and still they dont really know. The part garages just say "yes it will fit your your car" but will it? The part number i give them isnt the same and theres a few shockers that come up on their screen and they just guess which one "ah hold on theres loads coming up here, yes that will be £45, oh hold on maybe its this one, that will be £68"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Matey pm me your reg and or chasis number if you like i'll double check, from memory the part numbers above are right though - Which shockey is it your after, nearside front?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Andy_888 View Post
                              Matey pm me your reg and or chasis number if you like i'll double check, from memory the part numbers above are right though - Which shockey is it your after, nearside front?
                              Left shocker, passenger side

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X