This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi got a couple questions

Hi all got a few questions about my Burg, very new to new cars in general as only potteres about with the mk1 variant of the astra in past.

1st one the standard brake feel is a little spongey I guess, is it normal and will a set of goodrige/VXRacing brake line kits be enough to get a better feel. Just the pedal travels before any reaction.

2nd the standard alarm/immobiliser business how good is it?? or will a toad/clifford alarm variation be better and will there be problems with the canbus system. Some of the old factory alarms only needed someone to look at them and they failed miserably.

3rd My Burg was bought as standard in my eyes but the previous guy sent it over when bought new to VXR performance centre (Thorney Motorsport???) and thinks it was remapped on sport button to 310ps, Is it possible to do that with just a remap and exhaust (remus) as the intercooler seems standard to me. He has no invoice for work it was lost would Thorney keep a record themselves so I could get a copy for my folder.

Also are there any good brake pads out there that give a little less dust, had the car a week just over and my knees ache alot having been cleaning them 3 times now......

Cheers for help in advance people.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Originally posted by EdOPCburg View Post
    Hi all got a few questions about my Burg, very new to new cars in general as only potteres about with the mk1 variant of the astra in past.

1st one the standard brake feel is a little spongey I guess, is it normal and will a set of goodrige/VXRacing brake line kits be enough to get a better feel. Just the pedal travels before any reaction.

2nd the standard alarm/immobiliser business how good is it?? or will a toad/clifford alarm variation be better and will there be problems with the canbus system. Some of the old factory alarms only needed someone to look at them and they failed miserably.

3rd My Burg was bought as standard in my eyes but the previous guy sent it over when bought new to VXR performance centre (Thorney Motorsport???) and thinks it was remapped on sport button to 310ps, Is it possible to do that with just a remap and exhaust (remus) as the intercooler seems standard to me. He has no invoice for work it was lost would Thorney keep a record themselves so I could get a copy for my folder.

Also are there any good brake pads out there that give a little less dust, had the car a week just over and my knees ache alot having been cleaning them 3 times now......

Cheers for help in advance people.

1. Sounds like you need your fluid replacing or a full inspection of your brakes. If the fluid has been boiled which it probably has as it would have been shipped from factory with DOT4.1, you need this replacing with DOT5.1 or better still a good brand of racing fluid, uisng a pressurised system.

2. Its good enough

3. Think you are refering to a TMS performance centre not the VXRPC(88. Yes I would think TMS would keep a record and Yes it works on the sports button and Yes that power is acheivable iirc

4. I doubt it since the removal of Asbestos
    sigpic

Comment

give tms a bell with ya reg.

Comment

If your car only has the standard intercooler, I wouldn't have thought that 310bhp would be achievable as those are good Stage 3 figures (achievable with an uprated intercooler, but not advisable running a map of such high tune without one). As the guys have said though, give TMS a call and they'll give you all the info you need.
        sigpic
        Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Cheers people for reply's.

Sounds like the car was at 888 though having spoke to 1 of the family of dealers I got car from, getting there though.

Comment

Cheers people for reply's.

Sounds like the car was at 888 though having spoke to 1 of the family of dealers I got car from, getting there though.
            888/VXRPC no longer exists as was......
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
              888/VXRPC no longer exists as was......
              Ah thats pants innit . Does 888 still live on or is it gone kaput all together????

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                If your car only has the standard intercooler, I wouldn't have thought that 310bhp would be achievable as those are good Stage 3 figures (achievable with an uprated intercooler, but not advisable running a map of such high tune without one). As the guys have said though, give TMS a call and they'll give you all the info you need.
                With the OP stating PS not BHP and relating that for example to a certain EDS Burg remap - that figure is possible Paula. An qood quality FMIC should get you to 320bhp+

Ah thats pants innit . Does 888 still live on or is it gone kaput all together????
                Triple Eight is alive and kicking and unfortunately catering for another client now in the UK, still look after Ford as well down under iirc
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X