This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consequences of a de-cat?

I know that apart from the obvious it will fail an mot and the emmission light will show up are there any other effects to a de cat? Is it safe to drive around with the emmission light on?Cheers

oh nooo! wot you planning now!! :P

Comment

Besides what youve said theyre all good!
      sigpic

Comment

I have mine de-cated and maped the lights away dont have any promblems and the car spools alot faster and sounds ok
        Last edited by andriano; 4 November 2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

i tried full decat and hated it, sounded w*nk and felt like id got no torque, i did feel more revy though, removed the decat the very next day
          Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
          Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
          Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

it wont sound as good normally but im all fro purpose!

sigpic

Comment

cant you just turn the light off with a tech 2 ebay jobby ? or does it keep comming back ?
              sigpic
              JOIN THE FIGHT!!!
              http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=371188528552
              DONT JUST SIT THERE AND MOAN.... JOIN THIS AND AT LEAST SHOW YOU CARE!!!!
              EVERY NAME COUNTS PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
                i tried full decat and hated it, sounded w*nk and felt like id got no torque, i did feel more revy though, removed the decat the very next day
                Yes it much better to rev it, and spools much faster

But loose of torque i dont why poeple say that i havent felt any thing like that

Originally posted by Bertbuckie View Post
                cant you just turn the light off with a tech 2 ebay jobby ? or does it keep comming back ?
                Yes you can turn it off, but it will come again

You have to blcok the sensor or put a de-cat map i have that i mine and the light has not come again
                Last edited by andriano; 4 November 2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

you leanr something new everyday andriano never knew there was such a thing as a de-cat map
                  sigpic
                  JOIN THE FIGHT!!!

Comment

A "de-cat map", my guess is that, it is a map written with the parameters which are very wide. For instance, if the tolerance of a standard map is -5 to +5, re-maps could be -10 to + 10, so, a de-cat map, could be -50 to + 50, of the target value, well, just my guess, lol.
                    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

possibly, I did read up on remapping / winols before tho I never came accross a decat map but Id also guess the same
                      sigpic
                      JOIN THE FIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
                        A "de-cat map", my guess is that, it is a map written with the parameters which are very wide. For instance, if the tolerance of a standard map is -5 to +5, re-maps could be -10 to + 10, so, a de-cat map, could be -50 to + 50, of the target value, well, just my guess, lol.
                        I think so i have never tought of this way though haha

Originally posted by Bertbuckie View Post
                        possibly, I did read up on remapping / winols before tho I never came accross a decat map but Id also guess the same
                        It is basicly the same map, just spesiflcly written so you dont need any cats and wont get fault codes and lights up,

The O2 sensor is kinda block or lets MUCH more emmisions get through with out thinking the cat is broken

I now that IPF unit has some de-cat maps on it

But before you think of putting a de-cat map on car with cat speek to the tuners as there could be some diff in the maps
                        Last edited by andriano; 4 November 2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Do you lose power by de-catting? I always thought you gain power by doing this

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                            Do you lose power by de-catting? I always thought you gain power by doing this
                            I have not found any loss in power just more power tbh, and the turbo spools faster

Comment

Originally posted by andriano View Post
                              I have not found any loss in power just more power tbh, and the turbo spools faster
                              Can you tell the difference in the power though? What de-cat could i use for a Milltek race? Is there no one who has had any problems de-catting the VXR?

Comment

Working...
                              X