This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible diff problem - help please

i had a bit play with an impreza on my way to work this morning and got a very strange grinding noise after going prity quick. it seamed to be coming from the nsf, got louder/quicker with speed and made no diffrence what gear it was in or on/off power. i got back in tonight and was going to put it over the pit to havea look see, and the noise had gone. so decided to take it for a little drive to see if it come back and ended up geting all the way home with no probs what so ever. dont thin it was a stone or anything like that, sounded more metal to metal noise. its just a standard diff. any idea's folks ?
    Last edited by R13 VXR; 5 November 2009, 07:31 PM.

Last edited by beefycol; 5 November 2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

why ????

Comment

it like it when not in gear ie rolling? mine is, think a bearing on its way out

Comment

Originally posted by R13 VXR View Post
          why ????
          edit sorry pushed wrong button
          Last edited by beefycol; 5 November 2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

So where were u crusing at 140?

Comment

yeah its when its moving. it's going in for service next saturday so they'll have a look, but there or not to hot at my local dealer

Comment

Comment

erm , on a track

Comment

lol tried to cover you. might be a bearing. still got warrenty?

Comment

no, it ran out 3 weeks ago. i'm an hgv mechanic at a mean dealer and if warrenty is out by anything up to 2 months you get a good will claim, where they pay about 50% of the cost. does anything like this happen with cars ?

Comment

i didnt realise the speed thing was such an issue, sorry, i dont often post stuff on here i just read every one else's crack

Comment

i didnt realise the speed thing was such an issue, sorry, i dont often post stuff on here i just read every one else's crack
                          any illegal activity posting even racing on streets get banned sinbined etc. just giving heads up as i got ban.... silly

Comment

no, it ran out 3 weeks ago. i'm an hgv mechanic at a mean dealer and if warrenty is out by anything up to 2 months you get a good will claim, where they pay about 50% of the cost. does anything like this happen with cars ?
                            i belive not once its up you gotta pay for extra cover, or you get nothing

check to see if you hear the noice if in neutral and ie doing 40 see if you can here it, i can and its gonna be my near side bearing on its way out

Comment

ok, cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                              X