This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking or not?

Just picked up my new shock so i'll be putting it on tomorrow but will i need to get tracking done again after or not?

Plus how much should tracking cost?

Comment

Yes, £30.
      I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Wouldnt hurt i guess i'm very rubbish and dont get my tracking done very often, didnt do it after doing my springs but not had any probs as yet (may not be saying that when tyres have worn unevenly though! )
        Tracking is normally 20-30 quid but some places i have been to wont do just tracking anymore and will try charge you for 4 wheel alignment where they also check camber and maybe castor i think which are non adjustable on most cars anyway!
        Last edited by Keeno; 6 November 2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Well it seems i need the tracking done already or could that be because im losing fluid from the shock so the car sits lower on the left? It feels a tad lower on the left

Comment

Does anyone know what qwikfit charge?

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
              Does anyone know what qwikfit charge?
              20 quid i think As there prob is not as much fluid in the shock it may sit lower yes so prob best to get it checked anyway

Comment

Should be ok to drive tonight wont it?

Comment

Pretty difficult to answer that one without seeing or driving the thing!

My advice would be don't drive it till it's fixed, is it really worth taking it out in that condition?
                  sigpic
                  Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Originally posted by ravin beef View Post
                    Pretty difficult to answer that one without seeing or driving the thing!

My advice would be don't drive it till it's fixed, is it really worth taking it out in that condition?

The bump you were on about when you discovered the fault was prob the suspension bottoming out because there is not enough fluid in the shock, i would not drive it tbh if it was me

Comment

Originally posted by Keeno View Post

The bump you were on about when you discovered the fault was prob the suspension bottoming out because there is not enough fluid in the shock, i would not drive it tbh if it was me
                      I didnt bottom out at all, the bump wasnt that hard. My mate used grips on the chrome part of the shock to try and get the nut off the top when fitting my springs because the nut wouldnt come off. Now when i hit the bump the groove on the chrome bit must of went right down into the shock. So every time i go over a hard bump or pot hole i must be squirting a little bit of fluid out every time. The car has been like this for about 3 - 4 weeks now as i've just found out the problem last week. Car seems to be fine except the banging noise i sometimes get when turning right. I need to go somewhere tonight so i'll have to take my time, dont care if the shock gets more damaged as i have a new one

Comment

The chrome bit on the shocker... there only a little length of it but the one i have on the car has a bigger length of the chrome part so have i got the wrong one? Or does the chrome bit pull out more?

Comment

when you get ya springs done mate always get tracking done i did makes a difference as well solved a few problems in handling
                          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

I would get my alignment done but the DAP springs are just too damn low!
                            sigpic
                            Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Originally posted by ravin beef View Post
                              I would get my alignment done but the DAP springs are just too damn low!
                              I think the Sportlines are lower, at the front by miles but at the back i cant see that much difference. The Dap R's do sit a tad lower at the back but nothing major different to the Sportlines... at least thats what it looks like on mine but i have black wheels which probs makes the car look lower again

Comment

Working...
                              X