This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossover pipe

Hi, I was wondering am I right in thinking the crossover pipe is connected from the airbox to the turbo? If it is so would I be right in thinking that air is flowing through the crossover pipe? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a slight leak at the bottom of the crossover where it is clamped to the turbo, I was hoping if anyone could tell me whether this would be water or oil?I can't seem to tell as it seems to be abit of both....has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how this can be sorted? Many thanks in advance!!! ( btw the runs fine and it doesn't seem to be using more oil, turbo is not smoking etc etc)

Yeah the crossover pipe is between airbox and turbo so only air coming through there. Maybe a tiny bit of oil from the breathers. Got a pic of this leak??

Comment

could be the common problem of the oil supply pipe leaking,
      if it's still under warrenty get it back to the stealers and let them have a look

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'm at work at the mo and don't finish late, I'll try to get a pic up later tonight.....unfortunately the cars out of warrenty so where would this oil supply pipe be located? Thanks

Comment

ok sorry if the pics are no good, but the leak seems to be where the crossover pipe attaches to the rubber hose above the jubilee clip. please help me someone.......

Comment

Seriously no one has any ideas???

Comment

take it off have a look inside can only be oil from the breather hose.The breather hose it connected at the other end under neath.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

undo the pipe and have a look inside

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                  undo the pipe and have a look inside
                  lol

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                    lol
                    beat me

Comment

Ok thanks....knew I could count on someone on ere with some info thanks!

Comment

Ok sorry to bring this up again, but ive been thinking as I haven't had the time or the chance to 'undo the pipe and have a look inside' (waits for the jokes) yet, and was wondering from the breather hose is there a pipe that sits inside it and goes inside the crossover pipe? As this would explain the split breather hose to cause a leak as I've looked around the breather hose itself and if it would have split shouldn't there be some oil around there too? Another theory I was thinking about is if there was too much oil in the engine could this spill up the breather hose and into the crossover pipe?

Comment

Working...
                        X