This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacum pipe

Just been fitting my dv 26,i noticed that the vacum pipe coming fromt he fuel regulator t`s off and goes to the manfold and the other pipe goes down a bit further and has a 90 degree rubber join and plumbed inot nothing..where should this go..i cant even upload a photo as its to hard to get camera into...

are you getting a strange noise on gear change, like a chatter? could be the pipe which goes onto the vacume box, you will need to jack the car up to refit it, worth gluing it too. You will be down on power too if its that pipe
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

It's meant to go onto the vacuum box, yours must of blown off, common issue, and causes the "turkey noise" Just connect it back up and maybe rap a tie wrap around it, or a dab of glue.

Comment

DOH too late

Comment

you can refit from above the engine, although its a pain to find the nipple it fits on to just by feeling, ive done it this way tho, twice (it WILL come off again eventually if you dont secure it)
          Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
          Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
          Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
            you can refit from above the engine, although its a pain to find the nipple it fits on to just by feeling, ive done it this way tho, twice (it WILL come off again eventually if you dont secure it)
            I can find it straight away now, i've checked it that many times

Comment

yes it was the pipe righ ton the bottom,refitted it and finished fitting d/v....on idle it sounds like i have a boost leak,but i have checked everyhting and i cant pinpoint it...is this normal??when i rev car it still dumps fine and hiss dosent get any louder

Comment

Originally posted by stuuyh View Post
                yes it was the pipe righ ton the bottom,refitted it and finished fitting d/v....on idle it sounds like i have a boost leak,but i have checked everyhting and i cant pinpoint it...is this normal??when i rev car it still dumps fine and hiss dosent get any louder
                You sure it ain't coming from the fuel rail area, near the fuel lines? If so it's normal, as long as it isn't really loud like...

Comment

yes it sounds like its near the regulator

Comment

Working...
                  X