This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300bhp

hi guys...i dont wanna start world war 3 on ere about which tuners 2 go 2 etc but am looking to get 2 300bhp from standard...how much is this going to cost me !!!

would i have change gearbox or clutch or anything like that cheers
    sigpic
    Progress Thread
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
    WANTED:
    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

depends pal.

which exhaust - all around a k but some dearer than others, or find a 2nd hander
    which cooler - again cost variations and quality
    which map - again similiar costs but u want hand held or not
    Then other bits n bobs to help, not officialy needed but reccomended - airbox mods, tophats, filters, plugs etc

then theres the bits you DO NEED bigger brakes, springs, rarb, lsd

so the cost of 300bhp can vary from new to used parts plus the bits needed to use it. you have 300 vs a lowered wikth anchored s1 say will give you a good run.

advice, sort the handling and stoping first.

Comment

2.5-3k pluss fitting by the way for map, cooler and exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
        depends pal.

which exhaust - all around a k but some dearer than others, or find a 2nd hander
        which cooler - again cost variations and quality
        which map - again similiar costs but u want hand held or not
        Then other bits n bobs to help, not officialy needed but reccomended - airbox mods, tophats, filters, plugs etc

then theres the bits you DO NEED bigger brakes, springs, rarb, lsd

so the cost of 300bhp can vary from new to used parts plus the bits needed to use it. you have 300 vs a lowered wikth anchored s1 say will give you a good run.

advice, sort the handling and stoping first.
        cheers buddy...yea i want the handling done first.....whats one of these lowered wikth anchored s1 say will give you a good run ???

i like the militek sound...remap not sure as not really looked into it proper...i have just though tho if i do all this then it will affect my warrenty ?? wounder if there are any place whats do warrentys for modded cars ??? hmm ill av a look
        sigpic
        Progress Thread
        WANTED:

Comment

Talk to the major tuners.

Some offer warrenty some offer gentlemans agreements to look after you. Any mod will void your Vauxhall warrenty on that or related parts.

Regal
          Thorney Motorsport
          Courtenays
          Mid Point Garage
          etc..

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

If yr after a warrenty with yr mods then try TMS they cover all their products with a 3year 60k warrenty that runs along side yr vauxhall one. So if you were to have a problem with yr car if vauxhall decied that the modification is to blame then tms will foot the bill

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
              Talk to the major tuners.

Some offer warrenty some offer gentlemans agreements to look after you. Any mod will void your Vauxhall warrenty on that or related parts.

Regal
              Thorney Motorsport
              Courtenays
              Mid Point Garage
              etc..
              i havent got a vauxhall one...its just one i pay monthly as my cars do tend too break lol....its a warrenty what covers anything... is that what some tuning companys do ??? i.e if the turbo went they would sort it ! cheers
              sigpic
              Progress Thread
              WANTED:

Comment

Originally posted by AstraVXR_Red View Post
                cheers buddy...yea i want the handling done first.....whats one of these lowered wikth anchored s1 say will give you a good run ???

i like the militek sound...remap not sure as not really looked into it proper...i have just though tho if i do all this then it will affect my warrenty ?? wounder if there are any place whats do warrentys for modded cars ??? hmm ill av a look
                i Think he means that a stage 1 VXR with suspension and braking upgrades would give you a run for the money against a stage 3 car with no suspension and brakes.

Comment

I don't think you'll need bigger brakes if you're not building a track car.
                  Stockies are ok.
                  Better suspension and lsd would be good thing to get.

Comment

you can do it for less than 2k if you really want to

Comment

Power isnt the 1st option you want to look at m8.

Standard car is 240bh, but you will struggle to use it fully, spend wisely and go handling 1st, enjoy the car and use its full power, then look at upgrading power, or loosing some weight. Remember a well driven, well handled car will out drive a powerfull car with poor handling.

As for brakes, better to have the best stopping power than too much power and not enough stop, also better brakes will mean later breaking, again out handling stock cars.
                      sigpic

Comment

Like i said before, you don't need to get better brakes if you're only driving public roads. I would deffinitely get better brakes if i used my car on a track.
                        At least my 300bhp opc stops just fine with stock brakes.
                        Suspension would be the first thing i would upgrade before tuning the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by emsii View Post
                          Like i said before, you don't need to get better brakes if you're only driving public roads. I would deffinitely get better brakes if i used my car on a track.
                          At least my 300bhp opc stops just fine with stock brakes.
                          Suspension would be the first thing i would upgrade before tuning the engine.
                          Naa you really do need bigger brakes. I find the standard ones shocking once they get some heat in them...

Comment

you will need an exhaust remap and intercooler to get near to or just over 300bhp

exhausts, remus, miltek or piper are probly best 3

remaps, thorneys, courtenay, regal

intercoolers, thorneys, courtenay, regal or forge

there was a group buy on last week for the forge intercooler with hard pipes and tophat for £670 delivered really good price but might have missed out i think the deadline to order was friday gone.

handling,

whitline rear anti roll bars get rave reviews i have one just need to get time to fit it

suspension, most people are going for the dap r springs which are suppose to be really good

brakes, most people seem to think the alcon or apracing setup are ther best
                            sigpic
                            ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

I don't just get that why do you need bigger brakes for public roads. Weird..
                              Maybe you can drive really hard in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X