This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluefin

Has any1 got 1 of these or had 1 for there astra and what did you think?
    Thanks
    sigpic

A search throws up many pages >> VXRonline.co.uk - Search Results

Comment

i have one (Superchips Bluefin there is a thorney version also) in my Astra H 2.0 SRI-T and noticed considerable difference
      the reason i went for Bluefin was where i am
      New Zealand has a Superchips supplier over here
      i have stage 2 aggressive map which is great but getting stage 3 map off them is proving difficult
      i hear the IPF system is a bit more versatile when upgrading
      i guess all depends on how far you want to go with modding

Comment

i have one of these and know a few others that have the good thing about them is you dont have to travel to a tuner if you live far away and you can download stage 1 then when you fit exhaust stage two and then when you fit intercooler stage three where as if you went to the tuner and got stage one map when you wanted to go to stage two you would have to travel back again you can also put the car back to standard map anytime you wish any use the bluefin for clearing fault codes which if you get any faults with a map at the tuners you cant put it back to standard until the problem is fixed were as with the bluefin get any probs can put it back to standard until they diagnose the fault i have a stage two map and have had no probs some people get probs but they are normally sorted after a quick phone call to tms obviously there are plus sides to getting mapped at the tuners as they can tweak the map to get the best out of the car but as i said mine is fine with no probs
        sigpic
        ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

After christmas and the Forge cooler is on, i will try the Thorney stage 3 map out and then i might sell the bluefin and get the Regal handheld.... can you just download any map from the net like you can with bluefin with the regal handheld unit?

Plus i want to go turbo etc afterwards and Thorney dont seem to do anything after stage 3 so...

Comment

Ive got on of the tms bluefins and the beauty of it is when you buy it from them you get stage 1 2 and 3 maps for free.

Cant reccomend them enough!

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
              Ive got on of the tms bluefins and the beauty of it is when you buy it from them you get stage 1 2 and 3 maps for free.

Cant reccomend them enough!
              How much are they mate
              sigpic

Comment

might have one for sell, should know by the end of the week, lol.
                Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                  After christmas and the Forge cooler is on, i will try the Thorney stage 3 map out and then i might sell the bluefin and get the Regal handheld.... can you just download any map from the net like you can with bluefin with the regal handheld unit?

Plus i want to go turbo etc afterwards and Thorney dont seem to do anything after stage 3 so...
                  if you give thorney a call they doing a stage 4 for the astra vxr

Comment

just installed mine last week and what a difference it makes. now with sport on its loads more responsive and pulls all the way to redline.. no flat spots in 4th anymore.. i am happy as larry with this decent mod.. i bought mine second hand, i would recommend second hand... Just make sure the seller gets the bluefin reset before purchasing. o and i would only buy second hand off VXRonline. dont do ebay for second hand bluefins...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                      just installed mine last week and what a difference it makes. now with sport on its loads more responsive and pulls all the way to redline.. no flat spots in 4th anymore.. i am happy as larry with this decent mod.. i bought mine second hand, i would recommend second hand... Just make sure the seller gets the bluefin reset before purchasing. o and i would only buy second hand off VXRonline. dont do ebay for second hand bluefins...
                      Is it just 4th it makes a difference or all mate ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simon84 View Post
                        Is it just 4th it makes a difference or all mate ?
                        all mate but with my vxr there was a mega flat spot in 4th gear around 3/4k RPM.. like i said its sorted that out big time,, go for it mate, you will be well chuffed with the bluefin
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post

How many cars can u remap with the hand held bluefin??

Comment

Originally posted by lineker View Post
                            How many cars can u remap with the hand held bluefin??
                            ONE at any given time, unit then needs to be reset to go on another car.
                            Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
                              ONE at any given time, unit then needs to be reset to go on another car.
                              how do u reset it tho? could i buy one then do my mates car aswell as mine??

Comment

Working...
                              X