Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front foglights

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • front foglights

    is it illegal to drive with the front fogs on??seen no end of astra vxrs with them on lately
    sigpic

    Star silver Astra vxr, SM Tuning custom stage 3 map,piper 3" turbo back non res, Whiteline adjustable RARB, eibach sportline,piper cross cone filter, tx intercooler, powerpipe and 3" tophat, prosport boost gauge, team dynamic 1.2

  • #2
    If visibility has been reduced due to fog, then of course it's legal to use them, but it is illegal to drive around with them on when there isn't any fog or reduced visibility weather conditions. Some people may have fitted daylight running lights (I know that Hella make them for the Astra H, but not sure if they fit the VXR) where their fogs are, in which case it wouldn't be illegal to use those.
    sigpic
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

    Comment


    • #3
      I always drive with mine on,if im driving round town ill have my side lights on and my front fogs,looks really good i think,havnt been pulled yet (touch wood)

      Comment


      • #4
        I love fog lights so much that i removed them

        It doesnt look cool and if you claim you cant see with dip beam i suggest you get the headlamps adjusted, they are more than adequate.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Luke.H View Post
          I love fog lights so much that i removed them

          It doesnt look cool and if you claim you cant see with dip beam i suggest you get the headlamps adjusted, they are more than adequate.
          exactly what im doing when i get my new bumper
          My xenons are more than adequate

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheNoose View Post
            I always drive with mine on,if im driving round town ill have my side lights on and my front fogs,looks really good i think,havnt been pulled yet (touch wood)
            You're the kind of tool I curse every time I drive past!!!

            God its annoying, foglights point up, to penetrate through the bottom of FOG, or in other words when its NOT foggy, they shine straight into peoples visibility!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Abbo View Post
              You're the kind of tool I curse every time I drive past!!!

              God its annoying, foglights point up, to penetrate through the bottom of FOG, or in other words when its NOT foggy, they shine straight into peoples visibility!!
              Lol,until I get pulled over I'll carry on using them! U wait,I'll get pulled on the way home from work.

              Comment


              • #8
                Looks really good??? I think 99% of the driving population would say otherwise. I fail to see what is cool about dazzling other road users.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Im glad fogs are being removed on most new models

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I dont use mine but i have done on other cars ive had,wouldnt the manufacturer be better making them as a driving lamp that gives extra light for the headlamps then you could use them if you wanted to without any problem to other motorists?
                    she's a nice un

                    19s,cruise control,s2000 aerial,carbon dipped crossover and tophat,s/s cap covers,adjustable rarb,courtenay silicone hoses,forge header tank,Powerflow zorst,3 gauge pillar pod,Smd conversion.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I notice Renault seem to love there bloody fogs!

                      Bet you spot one when your out and about next they always have them beaming and the scenic ones really annoy me cause there higher up! Grrr Renault Drivers...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It is illegal to use your fog lights unless it is seriously reduced visibility.

                        The general guideline is a verbal warning only to the driver of the vehicle however it could land you a £30 ticket

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          It is illegal to use your fog lights unless it is seriously reduced visibility.

                          The general guideline is a verbal warning only to the driver of the vehicle however it could land you a £30 ticket
                          Up here its a 30 on the spot no questions if your caught in the town.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                            Up here its a 30 on the spot no questions if your caught in the town.
                            There far too nasty up there, lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              There far too nasty up there, lol
                              Tell me about it!

                              Im up for them robbing folks for having there fogs on, they look gash and you look like a new school boy racer with the fogs on. No other mods on the car but its got fogs!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X