This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

had my shiny blue astra vxr 4 a month now cant stop cruising.Wife not happy{sees all the garages i visit lol}
    had a few probs at the beginning rear lights misting up when washed and speedo dial scratched but happy to say my dealer has sorted them both.

Welcome to the site. Have to come along ot the various meetings next
    Stu

Comment

Actually now you mention it the lights on the Astra we are picking up next week look to have a few mist spots in them.
      Is there a fix for them?
      Flag I notice you are in Bath, did you buy from Hintons? Our Vectra VXR came from them and the Astra is their Red Demo car.

Comment

Hi Welocme and enjoy teh car adn the site.

Comment

yep from hintons had the lights replaced

Comment

Hi Flag My lights have now dried out normally. My speedo was scratched too do you think there was some kinda label on it. What did Hintons do. I gently polished mine with a cotton bud. Not bad now !!! :?
            Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

LIGHTS ALL MISTY !!!

Praps I spoke too soon.After all this rain the rear lights wont stop misting up. What did you say to Hintons. One comment was its normal and just this site stirring it up !!! Im sure they didnt mean it .
              Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Hi flag and Welcome , This site is looking to be a `Good Un`

Comment

Hi Flag
                    My shiny blue on is now six months old & yeah i have the misting lights problem too!!! Even more of a nitemare i have the option AFL Xenons up front & THEY ARE MISTING TOO!!!!! i'm visiting Vauxhall next week i'll keep u posted on how i get on? i'm not really wanting them to change them until they can GUARANTEE me no more misting as my previous Astra GSI had the very same trouble & i had 3x headlamp sets but after the third time i gave up! the other thing is each time its off with the bumpers & they become alittle out of line after so many removals.
                    cheers

Comment

Congrats to both of you.
                      I've had mine since Dec and I've had the same problem. Many others have too. It a standard problem with the lights apparently. It doesn't bother me though. Doesn't happen that often.

Comment

Hi Ian
                        shame about the misting on these lights for us all. doesn't happen too much with me either BUT my neighbour has a 2 year old vectra with misting rear lights since day one & they have now went mouldy green inside & his bulb terminals have corroded .
                        I think its a problem with most cars i recently seen a BMW with misted rear lamps then i didn't feel so bad HA HA .

Comment

Originally posted by Kintyre VXR
                          Hi Ian
                          shame about the misting on these lights for us all. doesn't happen too much with me either BUT my neighbour has a 2 year old vectra with misting rear lights since day one & they have now went mouldy green inside & his bulb terminals have corroded .
                          I think its a problem with most cars i recently seen a BMW with misted rear lamps then i didn't feel so bad HA HA .
                          Yeah, I have heard it happens with BMWs too!
                          The lights would get fixed on warrenty anyway wouldn't they?

Comment

MISTY NIGHTS sorry LIGHTS

Just whipped mine off on a sunny day to dry out no problem 2 minute job. They are open to the car though so should take on the humidity and ambient temp of the car. I would have expected them to naturally dry after a run with lights and aircon on. :wink:
                            Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Gonna get flamed here, am a salesmen for vauxhall, and i tell people that misting up is normal, bad salesmen, go to the corner!

Comment

Working...
                              X