X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERFORMANCE UPGRADES

hi everyone,
    has anyone had any upgrades to their car yet? if so what have you had done, cheers.

I think you'll find a varied selection of mods already done.
    Top of the tree is Jom who is running 300PS+ from Regal. There are a few others not far off the 300 mark and the majority in the 280 - 290.
    Suspension is Eibach or KW adjustables from Performance Centre. AP are doing a 4 pot caliper set up for end of April.
    Wheels fron the Performance Centre are Dynamic Racing in black or anthracite.
    Recaro shell seats
    etc.....
    Whadyafancy?
    Stu

Comment

i need to get some brakes sorted out at some point but i will just see whats on offer, i will ask jon at courtenay and see what hes got there. has joms vxr actually 300+ cos i read about his figures and stuff like that and it sounds like rubbish to me

Comment

mate Jom has some major engine mods goin on, more than a remap and exhaust like most of us so far, he be easily pulling 300 + ps
        its one of those whats next on his list to do
        he sure is setting the bench mark for other VXR owners :wink:

Comment

Lets hope it doesn't all go up in smoke for him.

Comment

good luck to him, the furthest i will be going is a bigger turbo, intercooler and a remap and ile be pushing well over 300

Comment

There are some interesting mods going on all over the country at the moment, VXR Performance Centre is currently testing ,full car packages designed to enhance the balance of the car , serious testing has been done on a regular basis including work on the Track day variant of the Astra VXR http://www.vxronline.co.uk/photos/al...SPRINT_LOG.pdf
              Brake testing has been evaluated with interim products with good results, Exhaust testing has been and is still is under development in various configurations and Engine development has been eye opening to say the least.
              Astra VXR is a very good 'out of the factory product' , there is a danger of spoiling the car with major horsepower, Vauxhall did a fine job with the car .We have tested two cars back to back with different engine configurations with some important information being logged and shared with people who designed the Z20LEH initially. It has to be said that 300bhp is going to be the aim of all the Tuners ,any higher and we are into number chasing for the sake of it as the car starts to get highly stressed for those few extra bhp not so much on road and track, but recently ,rolling road tests have made us wince at some of the inlet charge temperatures seen.At one point we have seen 73 degrees c and on the road as low as 12 degrees c
              Look at the bigger picture in terms of full car enhancement, its well worth that bit of thought to other areas of the Car.
              [email protected]

Comment

300bhp would make a very nice VXR R version, particularly in the light of the pictures this week of a Focus RS cold weather testing.

Comment

the best thing for us VXR owners is there is a nice network of vauxhall tuners out there who have proven themselves over the years enhancing earlier models of astras, VX220's etc who are now all working on VXR engine developments, more choices for us on where and what to spend our money on

Comment

Whatever tuner you go for, make sure on one thing, that their dyno cell has enough airflow. As David has said these things run very very hot, hot enough for there to be permanant damage to the engine if the cooling is not enough. Vauxhall are unlikely to cover a warranty claim on a dead turbocharger if they can see that its basically been cooked
                    We're running over 300bhp in ours now but thats only with a larger intercooler AND a charge cooler attached.*
                    *and lambo doors but don't think they help the cooling much

Comment

I wish I had a spare £1700 to take the 4 mile trip down to Thorney in Redmoor for the Milltek and Stage 1 ECU upgrade but alas family holiday to Greece is being cited as a more important thing at this point
                      None the less - it will happen - if not this year then definately next year.
                      As well as that I am after some 18's to stick on when the winter months arrive cos I dont think the substandard finish of the 19's will take the battering that all the salt on the roads will give em so I am saving for a set of Oz Superturismo GT's as well!
                      The only mod I wish I could get done at this point is simply brake pads cos the amount of dust created by the OEM VX pads is driving me nuts and when you are someone who is well into keeping the car in tip top condition then having to wash the wheels twice a week is getting rather tiring - I have phoned both EBC and Black Diamond looking for a lower dust pad (have used both companies in the past) but there is nothing availbale as yet - so the wait continues!

Comment

Quick question on the subject of wheels since you mention them jon what is the vauxhall stance on alloy wheel corrosion are they covered under the warranty or not because just like you i feel that the wheels may take a bit of a battering over the winter months and to be honest i don't fancy shelling out for a new set once a year

Comment

Thats a question I am gonna have to get an answer to.
                          Baisc problem I am getting with the 19's is down to the poor finish of the wheels - painting and laquering of alloys is possibly the worst way to present a wheel that there is. Powder coating has always shown to be alot more durable with regards to brake dust and also the elements.
                          My 19's are already showing real bad surface scratches on all wheels (scratches NOT scuffs) and on top on this they are also showing stone chips in the spokes of every wheel. And lastly the main problem lies with the laquered finish which as I have mentioned elsewhere can be smooth as glass, but on the spoke next to it feels rough like a fine sandpaper - signs that the laquer is wearing thin. One of the wheels is also showing signs of brake dust staining that not even my trusty Meguairs Hot Rims cleaner can remove
                          And I know none of the above problems relate to the way I clean the wheels because the Meguairs alloy cleaner and brush are guaranteed not to damage the wheel in any way!
                          Now compare the VXR 19"s to the trusty powder coated ST170 Multispokes I had on my Focus - my Ford wheels were still in better condition after 32,000 miles that these are after just 5,000.
                          I wonder if Vauxhall would be willing to foot the bill for the 19"s to be poweder coated? I think not

Comment

like you mate i have a worry over the quality of the wheels i also now of alot of manufacturers that replace wheels under warranty for corrosion and marking i wonder if maybe one of the vauxhall affiliates on the site might be able to answer this particular query for both of us and i'm sure many others on the site

Comment

Its for this reason that we powder coat all our wheels, they last forever.
                              Not had any problems with the 18"'s on our car though? (before we replaced them with the Speedlines)

Comment

Working...
                              X