X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beema45
    VXRed
    • 7 April 2006

Gauges

Can any of you more technophobes comment on the fact the VXR does not have an oil pressure gauge and probably more importantly, NO temperature gauge. For such a performance car, I would have expected to see these on it. Heat being the most important thing, does the VXR technical among us no why? Just curious. Or can you not blow this engine!!! It'll be good to get any feedback.
  • Aussie
    Banned
    • 11 January 2006

once the engine bay temps start approaching i believe 48 degree cel the ignition will retard and the ecu will shut down to prevent any major damage, dash display will come up with a warning so to will a warning appear on the centre console display
    you can access the coolent temp etc by following these steps -
    Press settings (then release), press setting again, and hold untill the screen beeps and displays 'TEST MODE' (about 5/6 seconds), then press BC 4 times, theres a display on there which says coolant temperature.
    just a nice setting to know about
    Shane

Comment

• beema45
      VXRed
      • 7 April 2006

Thanks Shane, I'm sure there are lots of other settings available if you know how to access them. I will make a note of your message for when I get the car in Mid June. Please if you get anything about the oil pressure. Will you let me know.
      I also notice, there aren't any North East members on this site. I do hope I'm not the only one up in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Comment

• Knightroturbo
        VXRed blooded
        • 30 March 2006

Hi Beema45,
        I'm in Co Durham, when I get mine. Spotted a arden blue one at south shields on good friday.... reg R1 VXR

Comment

• beema45
          VXRed
          • 7 April 2006

Hi,
          I think the one you spotted was in the showroom at Bristol Street Motors in Newcastle when I went in. When you getting yours? and from where?
          Ian

Comment

• Knightroturbo
            VXRed blooded
            • 30 March 2006

Ordered about 2 weeks ago and was told 8-10 weeks. getting mine from sherwoods in darlo

Comment

• beema45
              VXRed
              • 7 April 2006

Hi Turbo
              I have to travel to Reading but will pick it up in Mid June. I don't understand why we can't get good deals up North, you would seem to have done just that, depending on what it cost you. Sorry what colour are you getting? You should check out the ASTRA-SRI.CO.UK site its really ok. Although people on here are really helpful and friendly and obviously very passionate about their cars. I live in Ponteland, so I guess we will be 2 of a very small few, driving these cars in the North East, which is nice.

Comment

• Catherine
                VXRacing ahead
                • 11 January 2006

Even down here in the South West you find dealers who are not willing to do a deal.
                I originally contacted a dealer in Chippenham who had received a VXR. Initially he was most unhelpful and didn't want to get the car out of the compound. Then it was a case of were not sure if we are going to sell it as their Director had specced it for himself and wanted it (They are part of Trowbridge based Motor Group and HQ is littered with the top cars from the brands they represent).
                Then they said they would sell it to me, but there would be zero discount. On the grounds that it was a brand new model and there was great demand.
                When I told him that a neighbouring dealer had offered £2,777 off the cost of their showroom car he was very offended and had to speak to the Regional Manager of Vauxhall for some support. Quite frankly it didn't make sense because they had 3 dealerships and were much bigger than the dealer who I eventually purchased from.
                I am sure if it wasn't for people's persistance a lot of manufacturers would loose sales as a result of their dealer networks.

Comment

• Knightroturbo
                  VXRed blooded
                  • 30 March 2006

Hi Beema,
                  First I ordered black which I love on cars, but then had a change of mind and changed the order to Arden blue. Thought, as I was moving from VW which would have been a black GTI, I would change colour as well.
                  As for the deal, I have family that works for the dealer so etc etc etc.
                  What colour have you ordered

Comment

Working...