This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Valve, Worth It?

I keep reading about problems with dump valves, more so than people that have got them working right!

Are they worth having, i like the noise but after reading all ther reviews etc. just doesnt seem worth it.

Help?
    sigpic

What's That Noise/Deviate DJ http://soundcloud.com/krepz FOR FREE DUBSTEP/GRIME/GARAGE MIXES!!

worth it mate,ive had one now for 3 years and not had a single problem with it,no loss of power or anything.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LIAM06 View Post
      worth it mate,ive had one now for 3 years and not had a single problem with it,no loss of power or anything.
      What kind have u got mate? Are they hard to fit?

I was thinking bout one maself but kept hearing bad things

Comment

twin piston one you need and it be fine, easy to fit. had mine 6 months no probs

Comment

wantted one baddly, finally got one took it strieght off after about a week....

made the car judder when crawling in traffic. waste of money, could speed the money on something like a rarb which is more worth while an you will feel the benifits more...

and the sound, had mine when i got stage 3 so running more boost, an a wasp could fart louder.. because you have the rc valve on the turbo, not much point having a dv if you dont blank off the rc valve.

i know there are quite afew people on here that had one an took it them back off.
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
            wantted one baddly, finally got one took it strieght off after about a week....

made the car judder when crawling in traffic. waste of money, could speed the money on something like a rarb which is more worth while an you will feel the benifits more...

and the sound, had mine when i got stage 3 so running more boost, an a wasp could fart louder.. because you have the rc valve on the turbo, not much point having a dv if you dont blank off the rc valve.

i know there are quite afew people on here that had one an took it them back off.
            mine all good, loud enough and left oe in play so no probs, you wont get any performance benifits tho.

Comment

Cheers for the advice mate,im going to defo look into it.

Comment

get evoms or forge diverter mate not a dv
                Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
                  get evoms or forge diverter mate not a dv
                  depends what your after. noice dump, bailys dv36 loud, forge diverter help with performance not loud like dump

Comment

whats the point in the noise
                    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

get a duck valve
                      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

get a collins,twice as loud as a baileys.......
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
                          whats the point in the noise
                          I bet you put one on your evo if and when you get one mate, probibly will have one already when you buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                            get a duck valve
                            Like this one Rob?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNxugO-uf0
                            Red Astra VXR, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2s on Vredsteins, Remus, Forge Intercooler and Recirc valve, TMS Stage 3, RARB, Percy's CDTi Airbox, ITG Filter, NGK Iridium Plugs
                            Blue LED interior lighting, LED sidelights.
                            Alpine IVA-W502R, PXA-H100, PDX-1.600, SWR-1222D, KCE-400BT

Comment

Originally posted by TomFraser View Post
                              get a collins,twice as loud as a baileys.......
                              ill second that
                              Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                              Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                              Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Working...
                              X