This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M32 3rd gear clunk/jolt sound

Recently noticed that whenever going into 3rd gear from a standstill (1st-2nd-3rd) ill get a clunk just as i engage the gear. It almost sounds like the ABS clunk sound but its definitely coming from the middle or rear of the car, which makes no sense at all... Ive gone to my local vxl garage to ask if they'd change my gearbox oil (as ive already been through one gearbox before and have tried to look after this one) but theyve said they dont do that and "it should be fine". Heard all this before though and its never ended well lol. Any advice?

Ive also had my Gearbox reconditioned due to the whole drivetrain being shot,its a 3 yr old car,these should not be doing this,i had a whining in 5th and 6th took it to MPG he said its probably the diff,when he stripped it and told me the box had gone i nearly had a heart failure oh and a second mortgage HA HA anyway hope ya get it sorted mate

Comment

sounds like a gear syncro mate my old gsi did same am afraid if it is that u need it reconning! was guna cot me 500!!

Comment

**** sake lol, guess I'll add that to the list then... Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by eXceed View Post
          **** sake lol, guess I'll add that to the list then... Sigh.
          go to a gearbox place tao check it out mate, i may be wrong but sounds like my old gsi and my box needed reconning, i sold it beofoe i cud be bothered to do it and upgraded to vxr

Comment

Complaint: Inexact shifting and/or scraping noise during shifting from 3rd into 4th gear.
            Cause: Defective synchroniser ring 3rd and 4th gear.
            Production: Several improvements have been introduced in production as of the following transmission-No: A50270156 (24.11.2005).
            does this sound similar, thats a vx remedy new gears and synchros

Comment

Well it goes into 3rd easily enough with no scraping, so there is no difference there is just a random clunk afterwards/during shifting...

Comment

i have this noise mainly from 1st to 2nd...

as you say, it goes in easily enough, but makes a random clunk/crunch noise when its in..

if i rev slightly whilst changing (double clutch or whatever) then it barely does it-obviously i dont do this all the time, i was just seeing how to reduce the noise..

John

Comment

Working...
                X